View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Needed: News hook for Popular Science article on Ecomodding/hypermiling

Hi Everyone,

I have been in contact with a journalist writing a story on ecomodding and hypermiling. The editors at Popular Science are interested in it, but want a "news hook" for it - information on to report of some specific event, etc to use to lead into the story. Please see the note to me from the journalist.

I hope this finds you well. I finally heard back from my editors and they are interested in doing something on eco-drivers but before proceeding they need to have a solid “news hook.” I know you mentioned the Alternative Auto Show in June and the Geopoluza Event in July. Those might work, but I’m wondering if you are aware of anything else coming up in the fall, perhaps a contest or a race.

Also, my editor suggested using the X-Prize as a news hook, but to me this competition seems to run counter to the philosophy of eco-drivers.

If you have any thoughts on the above or suggestions, I’d love to hear them.

I would almost suggest something about the things we do as "beating the X-prize" by being cheaper and on the road right now. Heck, my entire car project cost way less than the REGISTRATION FEE for the X-Prize!

Anyone have some suggestions for this journalist?

-Ben

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos