Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #111 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

well so i almost got the grommet off and it cracked and fell inside the breather box. think it wud still be safe to drive with it in there? im having quite a bit of trouble getting the breather box off to try and get the grommet chunk out

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #112 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
I think that chunk of rubber will stay trapped in the breather box, so don't worry about it.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #113 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

i hope so. i was just worried the broken grommet part in box wud block the air system. it drove a little bit better. theres still a slight hesitation in lean burn not as bad as it was before. all thats left that i can think of is it might be o2 sensor. also just noticed really cant believe i didnt notice it before is the distributor cap is held on by wire ties. hopefully it just needs a new cap.

i guess a random question is with the distributor. never really worked on distributors before. is there a reason why its turned all the way towards the front of the car rather than up right and square? i know its a noob question but iv noticed cars vary between these positions.

Last edited by RatherDashing; 01-01-2013 at 09:46 PM..
Old 01-03-2013, 12:30 AM   #114 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
I think that chunk of rubber will stay trapped in the breather box, so don't worry about it.
yeah it drove fine after that. other than its STILL got the up and down idle at times its seems to be softer now. i tightened down the distributor cap with bolts so its on there a lot tighter. also replaced the thermostat and radiator today.

question tho with the vx. does the radiator cap ever get hot after driving it for a while at all? on all my other cars even after driveing for a while the radiator cap got pretty hot to the touch. this one though not at all. didnt know if this was normal or not.

im running out of ideas on the idle. AFTER warming up the idle still fluctuates after about 1k rpm. already clean egr valve. iacv. pcv. only other thing i can think of is just replace the iacv. but thatl irritate me if that dont fix it. cud it be possible that the idle screw was adjusted so the idle is too high and thats why its fluctuating up and down?

the only other thing i can think of is replacing it. would this work as a replacement?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skunk2-66mm-...d0ecc7&vxp=mtr

Last edited by RatherDashing; 01-03-2013 at 12:36 AM..
Old 01-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #115 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Picking up a set if vx rims and wheels for 200bucks tommorrow.will post a few car pics as well
Old 01-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #116 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Rusty crusty trusty - '94 Honda Civic Cx
90 day: 36.13 mpg (US)

Vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
90 day: 49.97 mpg (US)
Unplug you 02 and see how it runs you will have a check engine light on and no lean burn but if it does run good then 02 bad. No there isn't an aftermarket throttle body read the fsm on how to set it up there should be a paint mark that should never have been tampered with. The distributer should be wherever it needs to be for the timing to be proper. Check that. Search the majestic Honda site and lookup the throttle body For a vx a cx and an dx and lx There are a couple of tbs in the junkyard I was at yesterday. If they are the same let me know.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:05 AM   #117 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty94cx View Post
Unplug you 02 and see how it runs you will have a check engine light on and no lean burn but if it does run good then 02 bad. No there isn't an aftermarket throttle body read the fsm on how to set it up there should be a paint mark that should never have been tampered with. The distributer should be wherever it needs to be for the timing to be proper. Check that. Search the majestic Honda site and lookup the throttle body For a vx a cx and an dx and lx There are a couple of tbs in the junkyard I was at yesterday. If they are the same let me know.
Im gunna try thay tmmrow with the o2 sensor for sure.im hoping its just the timing.it kinda stutters when stopped and trying to get going in first gear and hesitates at sometimes at low rpms.previous owner said he did replace it with the expensive o2 sensor i hope its the right one.i found a website that does a search on used throttle bodies ima worry about it down the road.so far got 100 miles after goin thru about 1/4 tank of gas in city not too shabby.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #118 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

i went and got the vx rims and wheels today just one of the tires was in driveable shape. gotta look for a few other 13s for them.

so i filled the car up full on the last fillup and also used fuel injector cleaner. i drove maybe half city half highway and when the fuel tach hit a little below the redline of E I was only at 330miles off the tank.

so once i got home I turned car off unplugged the o2 sensor and drove it around. definetely no hesitation at low rpms. but it definetely looks like a newer o2 sensor was replaced on there. and it looks like a 5 wire to me. is there a way of taking out the o2 sensor and cleaning that area of the cat out?iv been trying to turn the bolt the o2 sensor connects straight to the cat converter and i cant get it off

Last edited by RatherDashing; 01-06-2013 at 07:50 PM..
Old 01-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #119 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

4th one is on my car now.just gotta get descent tires and later find the center caps online.

Thats the o2 sensor pic as well. still looks extremely new.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #120 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Any ideas on best/cheapest place to get a new cat converter? Im not sure which exact one i would need either.but i have a feeling the one i got now might be bad and clogged and i might need a new one

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
civic vx, honda