Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > The Unicorn Corral
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #51 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Nameless - '06 GMC Canyon
90 day: 37.45 mpg (US)

22 Maverick - '22 Ford Maverick XL
90 day: 42.77 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondLube View Post
You must wait until its published, but the new technology is superior to old detonation nanodiamond and it does unexpected things in all mechanical systems.
Bullpuckey. All patent applications are published 18 months after the initial filing date. No exceptions.

06 Canyon: The vacuum gauge plus wheel covers helped increase summer 2015 mileage to 38.5 MPG, while summer 2016 mileage was 38.6 MPG without the wheel covers. Drove 33,021 miles 2016-2018 at 35.00 MPG.

22 Maverick: Summer 2022 burned 62.74 gallons in 3145.1 miles for 50.1 MPG. Winter 2023-2024 - 2416.7 miles, 58.66 gallons for 41 MPG.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #52 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Then start looking Mr BullPuckey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMichler View Post
Bullpuckey. All patent applications are published 18 months after the initial filing date. No exceptions.

Old 12-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #53 (permalink)
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Quote:
... I filed in 2006 and am still waiting ...
Can you expand on the reason why the admission or denial of your patent application got delayed for such a long time?
There is something afoot in my vicinity that might have issues of that kind.
Just want to know how you dealt with it, or planning to do.

Hey, we love a good story! Since you've applied in 2006, and Nissan did in 2008, what's the secrecy about?

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Old 12-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #54 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Patent law worldwide is based on a few simple concepts:

1) The inventor tells what (s)he invented - what it does and how it works, and does so in enough detail that any person who is "skilled in the art" can make something like it.

2) In return for telling the world about it, the inventor gets a monopoly. That monopoly lasts for 20 years from the date the inventor applies for the patent. When the 20 years is up, anybody can copy the patent.

3) During the 20 years, it is illegal to make something from the patent unless you have the patent holder's permission. It is both legal and ethical to invent around the patent.

4) Anything publicly disclosed, such as by posting to this forum, cannot be patented afterward. After a patent application is filed, the inventor is free to tell the whole world about it, such as by posting to this forum.

Patent law also specifies that patent applications get published. US patent applications are published 18 months after the initial application date. They get published even if they do not result in a patent.
06 Canyon: The vacuum gauge plus wheel covers helped increase summer 2015 mileage to 38.5 MPG, while summer 2016 mileage was 38.6 MPG without the wheel covers. Drove 33,021 miles 2016-2018 at 35.00 MPG.

22 Maverick: Summer 2022 burned 62.74 gallons in 3145.1 miles for 50.1 MPG. Winter 2023-2024 - 2416.7 miles, 58.66 gallons for 41 MPG.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:44 AM   #55 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Why is it so difficult to focus on getting better fuel economy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
Can you expand on the reason why the admission or denial of your patent application got delayed for such a long time?
There is something afoot in my vicinity that might have issues of that kind.
Just want to know how you dealt with it, or planning to do.

Hey, we love a good story! Since you've applied in 2006, and Nissan did in 2008, what's the secrecy about?

Old 12-24-2013, 01:33 AM   #56 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

First I'm a fraud, then you Demand free product, you next demand product secrets and now in #1 you reveal your true intent by claiming its OK to make something like it based on info you are not going to get due to intentionally postponed publication.

It's safe to say you no longer think the whole idea is impossible.

If anyone wants true economy, buy a small bottle and treat your wheel bearings. You will get a great return on the small investment, prevent bearing wear and help the environment too. Now that everyone is aware of how to reduce friction, doing anything about it is up to each one of you.

I didn't sign on to hawk product, nor did I come to give it away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMichler View Post
Patent law worldwide is based on a few simple concepts:

1) The inventor tells what (s)he invented - what it does and how it works, and does so in enough detail that any person who is "skilled in the art" can make something like it.

2) In return for telling the world about it, the inventor gets a monopoly. That monopoly lasts for 20 years from the date the inventor applies for the patent. When the 20 years is up, anybody can copy the patent.

3) During the 20 years, it is illegal to make something from the patent unless you have the patent holder's permission. It is both legal and ethical to invent around the patent.

4) Anything publicly disclosed, such as by posting to this forum, cannot be patented afterward. After a patent application is filed, the inventor is free to tell the whole world about it, such as by posting to this forum.

Patent law also specifies that patent applications get published. US patent applications are published 18 months after the initial application date. They get published even if they do not result in a patent.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:37 AM   #57 (permalink)
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Quote:
Why is it so difficult to focus on getting better fuel economy?
Why is it so difficult to answer my question?

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #58 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

OK, Patents 101 Part 2

From the time that a patent application is filed, until a patent is issued or the application is finally rejected, the product may be marked "Patent Pending". This is not legally required, but patent attorneys strongly recommend doing it.

After a patent is granted, the product must be marked with the patent number.

Claiming "Patents Pending" if there are no active patent applications is fraudulent.

For more information, the best source is the U.S. Patent Office at United States Patent and Trademark Office. Patents, and patent applications, can be searched from the official USPTO web site at patft.uspto.gov or from Google at Google.

The home page of Nano-Technology Breakthrough lists Chris Arnold as inventor, and also states "patents pending". I was unable to find any patent applications about nano diamonds with Chris Arnold as an inventor.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:30 PM   #59 (permalink)
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
I've read through all this and common sense would step in to ask,

What percentage of power generated by the engine is lost to friction?

So I find this. FuelEconomy.Gov

Now it looks to me like the friction loss is 3%, you can't claim your product eliminates friction, so even if you cut it in half, you only reduce engine loss by 1.5%.

How does this yield a 10% or better increase in MPG?

You understand this right? 3% of engine loss is due to friction, how does eliminating this yield a dyno test result that's 20% more horsepower?

A bunch of stories about how much better a gun shoots or how happy people are is not considered evidence as to the effectiveness of a product. Show us independent testing result numbers, cousin Bob winning his first race does not count.

And for the sake of Pete, do NOT go on some pseudo-science technobabble diatribe here, you will look pathetic if you try.

Plain English and simple terms following a logical progression of how it is that you can make a 3% loss result in a 20% gain would be really appreciated.

Old 12-25-2013, 01:28 AM   #60 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

The answer is the Government must be wrong, as the percentage increases are based on the results of hundreds of treatments. With a measured COF by a Tokyo bearing company of .0008 - that's damn near zero.

The US Army didn't believe me either, which is why I laid down $35K for testing and was awarded the Mil Spec, and everything else is just oil.

If you screw people on ebay, negative feedback will show up - especially when charging hundreds for MPG enhancement kits, and then look at my feedback. 20% has been the lowest increase in MPG, so consider the treatment unique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazInMT View Post
I've read through all this and common sense would step in to ask,

What percentage of power generated by the engine is lost to friction?

So I find this. FuelEconomy.Gov

Now it looks to me like the friction loss is 3%, you can't claim your product eliminates friction, so even if you cut it in half, you only reduce engine loss by 1.5%.

How does this yield a 10% or better increase in MPG?

You understand this right? 3% of engine loss is due to friction, how does eliminating this yield a dyno test result that's 20% more horsepower?

A bunch of stories about how much better a gun shoots or how happy people are is not considered evidence as to the effectiveness of a product. Show us independent testing result numbers, cousin Bob winning his first race does not count.

And for the sake of Pete, do NOT go on some pseudo-science technobabble diatribe here, you will look pathetic if you try.

Plain English and simple terms following a logical progression of how it is that you can make a 3% loss result in a 20% gain would be really appreciated.

Closed Thread  Post New Thread