Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2010, 10:55 PM   #21 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
Once again, I pee into the wind. OK

Well if you're going to be peeing into the wind might I suggest an umbrella that can withstand 70 mph wind.

Senz Umbrellas | the storm umbrella | windproof up to wind force 10 - Home

Maybe this video would be better suited to this board. Watch at the 1 minute and 47 second mark.

Did I just derail my own thread?

Quote:
Either configuration can be made suitable.
I hear you. But, I want to have the riders sit in an upright position, like in a golf cart. This would put the center of gravity pretty high which would ad to a short wheel base delta configuration's instability. Do you know of a way to make a short wheel base delta configuration with a high center of gravity more stable? My solution was to put anti-roll over outrigger skids or wheels, but that doesn't seem to do it.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-04-2010, 11:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

White Whale - '03 Chrysler Town & Country mini van all white
Quote:
Once again, I pee into the wind. OK

Either configuration can be made suitable.
Hahaha! Your last sentence was right on though! *can be* Those Tuk-tuks all over Asai or India vow for that- delta all the way. They have worked for all these years.

My delta started shimmying at 45 mph. It used to go 50 mph, so it could be made to feel safe again I suppose.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:38 AM   #23 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Appliance White - '93 Geo Metro 4-Dr. Auto
Last 3: 42.35 mpg (US)

Stealth RV - '91 Chevy Sprint Base
Are you planning to grow your own bamboo to shape? Can you send a dimensioned sketch of the humans, wheels, and ground for the new layout? You can overlap shoulders to save a bit of frontal area. What's the capacitor weight and motor size if you have them in mind? Do you want fold-down camping? How much gear? How much off-road ability? What else have you built - does your shop have tooling already?
Old 02-05-2010, 02:17 AM   #24 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycle Bob View Post
Are you planning to grow your own bamboo to shape? Can you send a dimensioned sketch of the humans, wheels, and ground for the new layout? You can overlap shoulders to save a bit of frontal area. What's the capacitor weight and motor size if you have them in mind? Do you want fold-down camping? How much gear? How much off-road ability? What else have you built - does your shop have tooling already?
I'll pm you soon.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:17 AM   #25 (permalink)
24.27 lbs per gallon Co2

Unicorn - '12 Nissan Versa 1.8S hatch
90 day: 31.9 mpg (US)
Good call going with tadpole. those ZAP! Xebra's are very controllable... on absolutely dry and clean pavement. I hit a patch of ice in a friend's Xebra and had a hell of a time explaining why the front bumper was in the back seat.

~Jim

Quote:
Hehehe... If one of your facial lacerations leaves a small scar, you'll have a SCarlett.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:27 PM   #26 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Appliance White - '93 Geo Metro 4-Dr. Auto
Last 3: 42.35 mpg (US)

Stealth RV - '91 Chevy Sprint Base
Am I missing a message? I know, nailing those few items on a sketch pretty well defines the vehicle. I should add that it should balance well with a full load, or only the driver, or else minimum ballast has to be specified. (Driving a Peterbilt without a trailer is a special skill, called "bobtailing.") The other bear is finding tires in the interesting load range with low rolling resistance and reasonable durability. Michelin has a nice one, but they only provide it for solar race events.

Reply  Post New Thread