Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2024, 07:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
The Elise was on my short list when my 1996 Legacy was rear ended for precisely the reason that hit has high performance figures and d decent fuel economy. I think it has a Toyota engine.

That said, my 600cc motorcycle goes 0-60 in like 2 seconds and costs practically nothing used. I'd take anything with 2 wheels over anything with 4 for the fun factor at a fraction of the cost.
sadly i dont like bikes

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-24-2024, 03:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,187 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimchitas View Post
i will agree and like you said 60 foot is pretty good comparison in terms of acceleration.
i will disagree with quarter mile in a sub 200 horsepower car its not really good comparison i mean the first 120 km for sub200 you might seen good numbers but 120-2xx km pretty much every 'underpowered' just loses this fast "momentium" rarely i seen a underpowered having a 100-200 km time under 10 secs yea drivers matters and tranmission but i believe is more important a good acceleration from 40-140km for a fun good handling car then you looking at high power car now back in my question i found out they use bigger tires in rear for better traction same with some front wheel drive cars im still wondering if i can any information about suspension setup (damping,height,...) but thanks
The 1/4 mile has been the benchmark for measuring acceleration for 75+ years now. I would say the 1/8 mile is an acceptable substitute but there can be some one trick ponys to game the 1/8 mile. The 60 foot times will be included in the 1/8 or the 1/4 mile, but a time to speed like 0-60mph or 0-100mph is hard to accurately measure by comparison, especially 70 years ago. Time to distance is easy to measure down to a thousandth of a second. Plus a time to distance can be done as a race, where time to speed is hard to judge as a race.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hersbird For This Useful Post:
freebeard (07-24-2024)
Old 07-24-2024, 04:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,839 Times in 7,295 Posts
I suspect 1/8th mile is due to constraint on the real estate available.

With the introduction of the Christmas Tree at the starting line it's possible to sort out the driver's reaction time, a negative time is a red light.

Old 07-24-2024, 08:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD

Pacifica Hybrid - '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
90 day: 85.85 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,462 Times in 3,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimchitas View Post
sadly i dont like bikes
My wife says she loves a thrill too, except for her threshold for fun is different than mine.

...I must have been on the brink of passing out on that last post, but people seemed to get the gist.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 07-26-2024, 02:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersbird View Post
The 1/4 mile has been the benchmark for measuring acceleration for 75+ years now. I would say the 1/8 mile is an acceptable substitute but there can be some one trick ponys to game the 1/8 mile. The 60 foot times will be included in the 1/8 or the 1/4 mile, but a time to speed like 0-60mph or 0-100mph is hard to accurately measure by comparison, especially 70 years ago. Time to distance is easy to measure down to a thousandth of a second. Plus a time to distance can be done as a race, where time to speed is hard to judge as a race.
i will agree measuring something based on distance is easier but we have gps now that are accurate like "dragy" the issue with quarter mile underpower cars (we talking about perfomance cars with under 250hp) is they do accelerate well but after first 130km their momentium is way lower compared to a high horsepower heavier sedan to explain it better
lets take as example a audi rs6 c6 will do 0-60 in 4.2 secs a exige s could do in 3.9 but the thing the 100-200 of rs6 will be a lower time than exige s like a exige could do 13 sec quarter mile and rs6 could do it 11 secs the best comparison might for cars like those is 1/8 and 60-160km
Old 07-26-2024, 03:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,839 Times in 7,295 Posts
Here's a new feature for DuckDuckGo:
Quote:
DuckAssist
BETA
GPS accuracy can vary depending on factors like satellite geometry, signal blockage, atmospheric conditions, and receiver quality. Typically, GPS-enabled smartphones are accurate to within a 4.9 m radius under open sky conditions, but this accuracy can worsen near obstacles like buildings and trees. High-end users can achieve real-time positioning within a few centimeters using dual-frequency receivers or augmentation systems.

More in GPS.gov from gps.gov and the Overview section of the Global Positioning System Wikipedia article.
Auto-generated based on listed sources. Responses may contain inaccuracies.
The purpose of drag racing is competition, not research. Head-to-head is obvious, but bracket racing is about consistency.
Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Bracket_racing
Bracket racing - Wikipedia
The effect of the bracket racing rules is to place a premium on consistency of performance of the driver and car rather than on raw speed, which in turn makes victory much less dependent on large infusions of money and more dependent on mechanical and driving skill.
100-200km/hr is easier to convert to freedom units. How's about the flying mile?

Quote:
https://newatlas.com › bentley-continental-gt-flying-mile › 37421
Idris Elba sets "Flying Mile" UK land speed record in Bentley ...
The "Flying Mile" takes the average speed of a vehicle across two rolling-start runs of a mile (1.6 km) each. Elba achieved an average speed of 180.361 mph (290.263 km/h).
One can do that pretty much anywhere. Bonneville Speedway has 2.5 to 9 miles.

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
#idk