Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2011, 07:56 PM   #981 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

turquoise - '97 Toyota Starlet
90 day: 41.46 mpg (US)
Well I've just ordered mine, hopefully it's here within a few weeks.

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-20-2011, 08:38 PM   #982 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Arduino IDE 0022 works with ATmega328

The info on the wicki does seem to be out of date.
I'm not sure where to go for the latest info and discussions.

I want to talk to an expert about low impedance injectors, but need to get my post count up before I can post an oscilloscope trace.

Anyway, my experience to date is the ATmega 328 on a Freeduino, which I think is a clone of the Arduino duemilanove seems to load and boot properly with the opengauge.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/mpguino/mpguino.pde code, loaded into it using Arduino IDE 0022.

The openguage code doesn't seem to have a version, so I don't know if it's the latest code.

regards
Russell
Old 03-21-2011, 06:33 AM   #983 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

LEAF - '11 Nissan LEAF
^ Actually, you'll want to use this code instead: http://opengauge.googlecode.com/svn/...no/mpguino.cpp
I don't know why the "PDE" file stays up on the SVN page, it's moldy-oldy and faaaaar out of date. Now that everyone with an Arduino is using the (now-)standard '328 chip, there's zero concern of optimizing bytes in the compiled code... so the ye-olde PDE version should just be taken out back and shot, IMO.

Only thing you'll need to do is adjust the timing values (commented out) in the cpp version, if you're using a 16MHz Arduino as opposed to the 20MHz crystal in the prebuilt MPGuino board. Near the top, look for the section that says "//use with 16mhz, not tested" (it works fine). Match up the commented-out 16MHz values with the active 20MHz counterparts, and swap commenting ("//") on them, and you'll have 16MHz timing. Otherwise everything will be incorrectly displayed and timed on a 16MHz board.

Of course, over the next week or so I hope to start work on gutting and rebuilding MPGuino's code from the ground up, so this may not be too relevant in the near future...
The Following User Says Thank You to FalconFour For This Useful Post:
russell mcdonnell (03-22-2011)
Old 03-22-2011, 09:36 AM   #984 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks

thanks FalconFour

Intriguing monica.

I will try this code, and look out for the adjustments. Mine is 16 MHz so I will check out the comments, or fit something faster.

cheers
Russell
Old 03-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #985 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

file extensions...

What does .cpp in the file extension stand for..?
regards Russell.

Hey my 5th post. Maybe I can send a photo now....
Old 03-22-2011, 08:29 PM   #986 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
I'll be dipped, you just cut and paste the file from the cpp link into arduino 22 and it compiles. Just tried it myself. Thought for sure it would complain about redefining main or something, well it is not tested in arduino (and I'm not really interested in arduino anymore), so good luck

http://opengauge.googlecode.com/svn/...no/mpguino.cpp
Old 03-22-2011, 08:46 PM   #987 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

LEAF - '11 Nissan LEAF
LOL, you're just now trying that compile? I've never even touched another compiler... I've always used the Arduino IDE for all my compiles and mods, and wondered why the heck that old code was left around
Old 03-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #988 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
Well, there are still some 168s from early adopters out there that might need a reflash someday. It can stay. And of course I'm not promising future (or even current) arduino compatibility, but if the cpp works, what the heck. Folks can hopefully appreciate the simplicity of cutting and pasting one file.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:16 PM   #989 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

LEAF - '11 Nissan LEAF
Hell, if anyone wants to upgrade their 168 to a 328 so they can enjoy not being cramped into an outdated platform, shoot, they can buy a blank Arduino 328 chip, stick it in an envelope, mail it to me, and I'll flash it for FREE with the current code and mail it back (on my dime), just to get one more guy away from that old 168 platform. It's like IE6 to web developers... only worse: the 168 is exactly half the specs of the modern 328... and the 328 is available in every single Arduino store on the web
Old 03-23-2011, 09:40 PM   #990 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

What sort of mine field have I wandered into?

So the mpguino.cpp (?) code is the latest but it wasn't developed for Arduino? But it is lucky it works now, with the 0022 IDE.

You softies need to explain stuff... getting to grips with this is like wading through treacle.

Anyway, who knows about low impedance injectors, and who or where do I prod or push to find out what other people have done already?

cheers
Russell

Reply  Post New Thread