Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2016, 09:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 29.5 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 50.48 mpg (US)
I think that's what killed the Sparrow: "For this money I could get a used Miata and have both more seats and fun." For the Solo's money you could have a smart - I won't debate the name this time - and still have the inner city utility the Solo has, another seat, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Solo. It looks good and will benefit from 10+ years of advancement since the Sparrow debuted. But people don't buy single-seat cars. It's too limited.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-05-2016, 07:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

White Whale - '03 Chrysler Town & Country mini van all white
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh View Post
But people don't buy single-seat cars. It's too limited.
How well I know! I am pleased the concept is still coming- The Raven and the Myers concept vanished.

Salt-in-the-wound- “Raven white” HeeHeeHee! That 3-wheel lime green
Raven crash landed in a pile of green junk on Craigslist after about 5 videos (parking, getting grocery or gas). I believe it was by Corbin in Hollister when the Sparrow began. I was very tempted to buy that shell and put a crummy Aspire motor I had in it. Much different now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	raven-sep21-01b.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	20150   Click image for larger version

Name:	myers-motors-duo-2-630.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	20151  
Old 06-07-2016, 01:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,594 Times in 7,077 Posts
elhigh -- Malformed link. The URL has an IMG tag. The reason I know is my browser won't show embedded videos. I always have to use the link, and in this case I had to use the Quote button to even see it.

I've curious about the relationship between Electrameccanica and Intermeccanica. Intermeccanica make the Kubelcar. They've produced 2400 handbuilt cars in ever. That shop is going to produce 25K units/year? They bought all the extant Sparrow bodies and used one as a development platform?

His claim is to have been been around since 1959 (longer than GM and Tesla (?)). Yet all they are showing is a rendering and a goal of 25,000 units at $20,000. With a $2000 deposit (now $250 on their website).

I'm bummed because I was going to get an Arcimoto SRK and put a full envelope body with integrated saddlebags and a Telsa nose. That's exactly what their single-seater w/ steering wheel looks like. They give up the back seat for a steering wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard
So the single rear wheel is the drive wheel. Why does this seem like a bad idea to me?
That's a good question - why?
Impacted snow in the middle of the lane? Half the contact patch for the drive wheel[s]?

What important to me is torque vectoring, I don't think you can do that with a single wheel. I hate open differentials on black ice.

Last edited by freebeard; 06-07-2016 at 01:56 PM..
Old 07-20-2016, 01:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh View Post
people don't buy single-seat cars
Apart from the all-weather comfort and the safety/stability compared to a scooter, there aren't so many other reasons for one to by a single-seat car. Maybe being able to drive with the dog on my lap

Reply  Post New Thread