Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2011, 06:08 PM   #31 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

So he'd have a modern-looking early 911, where the "tail wants to wag the dog".

That sort of behavior can be tamed to some extent, and someone with some experience can drive around the rest. It could be very exciting (and possibly fatal) to get that experience, of course.

Like you, I don't understand the point of insisting that everything be in the rear of the car. It would make more sense to me to have the weight somewhat balanced front to rear, even though the stock CRX has much more weight up front than in back.

But just because it doesn't make sense to me doesn't mean that he cannot or should not do the work. I just want the OP to understand the magnitude of the task, and point out easier options in some cases.

-soD

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-08-2011, 01:16 AM   #32 (permalink)
Wannabe greenie

The Clunker (retired) - '90 Honda Accord EX sedan
Team Honda
90 day: 29.49 mpg (US)

Mountain Goat - '96 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCab
90 day: 18 mpg (US)

Zippy - '10 Kymco Agility 125
90 day: 65.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by some_other_dave View Post
I just want the OP to understand the magnitude of the task, and point out easier options in some cases.
Yeah, that's what I tried to do in my first couple of posts, and he jumped all over my ****.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:44 AM   #33 (permalink)
Eco-ventor

Princess - '92 Mazda MX-3 GS
House of Tudor
Team Mazda
90 day: 53.54 mpg (US)

Shirubāarō (*´ω`*) - '05 Toyota Prius Executive
Team Toyota
90 day: 54.88 mpg (US)

Blue Thunder - '20 Hyundai IONIQ Trend PHEV
Team Hyundai
Plug-in Hybrids
90 day: 587.16 mpg (US)
Send a message via MSN to jakobnev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clev View Post
Yeah, that's what I tried to do in my first couple of posts, and he jumped all over my ****.

Well you were being a total ass with your solid axle-assumption, you might as well have laughed at him for not having enough space for the horse. (And it's not like you said you were sorry when someone pointed it out)

2016: 128.75L for 1875.00km => 6.87L/100km (34.3MPG US)
2017: 209.14L for 4244.00km => 4.93L/100km (47.7MPG US)
Old 02-16-2011, 10:47 AM   #34 (permalink)
Wannabe greenie

The Clunker (retired) - '90 Honda Accord EX sedan
Team Honda
90 day: 29.49 mpg (US)

Mountain Goat - '96 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCab
90 day: 18 mpg (US)

Zippy - '10 Kymco Agility 125
90 day: 65.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobnev View Post
Well you were being a total ass with your solid axle-assumption, you might as well have laughed at him for not having enough space for the horse. (And it's not like you said you were sorry when someone pointed it out)
Yes, because if he didn't have a solid axle, that would have solved all of his problems.

Old 02-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #35 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Wow. He said hey could you tell me how to do something? Then within the very first few posts he got the answers. He didn't understand them. So he said I don't care about all that, (what he asked about and would have to do) and said I just want to know how hard, how much, what car, how many hours, who's tools I could use, mothers maiden name and not everyone's oppinions on style for his head pictures.

To which questions he was again given the answers.

To which he replied, "Nuh ah."

It sounds like he doesn't have much experience with working with....stuff. So I bet he didn't really get that the tranny was gonna have to go back there. Like maybe he would direct mount the motor to the rear axle, which is why he was told about AWD options, so he could transfer power through a transfer powerer (case).

However I just couldn't help posting to this.. Please don't think I'm a negative or argumentative type, I never post and I don't see why people spend so much time defending there virtual egos. Its not like we have any idea who they really are.

After all a good option for him could be learning how to controll motor speed and torque with psycho algorithyms for direct wheel motors. then he could have the more slim and lighter fantasy. It's what I would like to do. With all wheel drive programming... and years reading university published papers from asia.

Awesome

Reply  Post New Thread