Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2024, 09:34 PM   #601 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,417 Times in 3,389 Posts
Scott had extra content in the form of a conversation with Michael Ian Black. Don't know who that is, or why he prefers to be known by his full name, but he was smart and courteous, and flustered Scott a little.

The conversation was instigated by a Tweet Scott made saying you can't have a worthwhile conversation involving politics with people who believe the news is real. There's enough truth in that statement to have a good discussion except...

Too much of the discussion involved the "fine people" hoax. I recently listened carefully to how Biden worded things when he was campaigning, and there was implied meaning in "fine people on both sides", but not explicit accusation. It was a brilliant tactic as evidenced by the outcome. Who's brilliance, is unclear.

I dislike when Scott is high while livestreaming because he's less articulate, even slower than his normal slow self, and is less sharp. This, despite his claim that we couldn't tell if he was high or not.

I'll have to check out Michael Black's ideas. Would have liked to see Scott unpack the reasons why we should be more skeptical of news and his methods of giving weight to the validity of information, instead of boasting about times he was right.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-26-2024, 01:14 AM   #602 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,688 Times in 7,161 Posts
Quote:
Would have liked to see Scott unpack the reasons why we should be more skeptical of news and his methods of giving weight to the validity of information...
I bailed about halfway through, not enough of that and too much back and forth.

Quote:
I recently listened carefully to how Biden worded things .... It was a brilliant tactic
You have to be alert for weasel words.

One of the hoaxes Scott Adams was taken in for, but only for 24 hours, was IIRC the Covington Kid, Nick Sandman's case. I flagged it at once for confirmation when the video that circulated was cut mid-sentence.

It must not work anymore since the Democrats who were doing it right along are now calling out 'cheap fakes'.

On a side note as cRiPpLe_rOoStEr would say, if Ecomodder is headquartered in Canada is it subject to Canada's new speech prohibitions?
Quote:
https://www.snopes.com › news › 2024 › 05 › 14 › canada-law-hate-speech
Canada's Justin Trudeau Introduced Law To Imprison Anyone Who Ever ...
May 14, 2024 The Trudeau regime has introduced an Orwellian new law called the Online Harms Bill C-63, which will give police the power to retroactively search the Internet for "hate speech" violations and ...
Can we trust Snopes now that they have admitted the Fine People Hoax?

Reply  Post New Thread