Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hybrids
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2012, 11:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Rondi - '12 Honda Cr-Z Ex
Where are we at with the CR-Z?

Hi guys, I was just curious if anyone else has a CR-Z and what type of progress has been made on the IMA system?

How similar is the CR-Z electronics to the 2nd gen Insight?

Looking to hear any positive news.

Pro E

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The SCUD - '15 Fiat Scudo L2
There 's only 3 of them in the Garage:

EcoModder Fleet list - EcoModder.com

Old 05-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Bluemobile - '11 Honda CR-Z EX
Hi! I just registered on this forum, although I've poked around in it some... I own a 2011 CRZ EX 6MT, and I want to reply to PR03. I hope everyone understands that the Z is fundamentally a small 2-seater that is a blast to drive! Corners like a go-cart, stops on a dime, easy to park. Its highway milage comes from 1.5 litre fuel-sipping engine (I easily get over 50 mpg highway; 42 overall) that sounds good, and revs easily. City mileage comes from the assist of the 13 HP electric motor. At this time, due to the nature of the car, most owners at CRZforum.com are more interested in appearance/engine mods. I would buy the car even if it were not a hybrid, because of its reasonable price, and the enjoyment of driving it.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Relevance is irrelevant!

CR-EX - '12 Honda CR-Z EX
Send a message via Yahoo to bluetwo
I have to agree with SecondWind... I love the car to death and it certainly doesn't hurt that it's a blast to drive and good to look at.

Economically, it doesn't measure up to the 2nd gen Insight. Honda never meant for that because the Insight is now absolutely Honda's flagship fuel sipper and it doesn't want anything getting into its sales. That's not hard to get but it'll still be fun to try and eek some more MPG out of it.

It still seems like there are a lot more people that are into the sporty side of the car than are into the eco side of it. It's not fast with 120 HP and 2600 lbs. but in Sport mode you can have a lot of fun. I've gotten used to driving in Eco so when I put it in Sport things seems a lot quicker. You can really hear the difference the intake makes in Sport mode too!! :-)
Old 09-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hey guys I ended up buying a CRZ On Aug 4th 2012.

I Highly recommend it to everyone!

The CR-Z is really Two cars in one package.
The when in sport mode from a dead stop it can out accelerate much more expensive true sports cars!

It jumps off the line by at least 2 full car lengths before the other cars even start moving! ( due to the extra 60ft/lbs torque of the IMA and the light weight of the car).

It really is a blast to drive in the city. and then once I get out on the hiway to commute back to acreage. I enter the Eco mode and get around 5.1L per km at 109km/h.

The best I have seen to date is 4.6l per 100km behind a semi truck.

In the future I and to tweak the or swap the motor controller for something similar to what HPD did with mission motors.
They made a system that could dump all of the juice from the battery in one shot. Similar to an KEERS system used in F1.

google this:
missionevt-hybrid-components-appear-in-high-performance-honda-crz

Plus the look of the CR-Z is like nothing else on the road.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
EtOH

Cordelia - '15 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport
90 day: 37.83 mpg (US)
If Fuelly is any indicator, Fuelly CRZ, Honda understated the MPG. The new Yaris and Fiesta average 35/36MPG so the CRZ is significantly more efficient albeit without rear seats.

I love that body style, but I want something in between the BRZ and the CRZ. :/

Old 06-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

CR-Z comes with Rear seats in every other country except North America.

All the brackets are there and people have imported the seats.

I know this is an Eco tuning forum, but the CR-Z has a huge aftermarket following and guys are really getting some good hp out the motor when equipped with a supercharger. The car will still return very respectable mpg too when driven nicely.

The car is super quick off the line, I love racing people in mine. In town in sport mode from a dead stop I out powered a new V8 Camaro.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
EtOH

Cordelia - '15 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport
90 day: 37.83 mpg (US)
I see that Hondata released a Flashpro for the CRZ but I have yet to see the rear seats in a NA CRZ. Not that there is much leg or head room.
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-Honda-CR-Z-Hybrid-Interior-View.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	13230
I'm still looking through the CRZforum to see what is going on over there.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Colorado - '17 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 LT
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR03 View Post
CR-Z comes with Rear seats in every other country except North America.

All the brackets are there and people have imported the seats.

I know this is an Eco tuning forum, but the CR-Z has a huge aftermarket following and guys are really getting some good hp out the motor when equipped with a supercharger. The car will still return very respectable mpg too when driven nicely.

The car is super quick off the line, I love racing people in mine. In town in sport mode from a dead stop I out powered a new V8 Camaro.
I know this is an eco forum where most of us are not up on vehicle performance, but I highly doubt this is the case. The new Camaros have 300+ horsepower. Are you sure he was racing you?
Old 06-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
I know this is an eco forum where most of us are not up on vehicle performance, but I highly doubt this is the case. The new Camaros have 300+ horsepower. Are you sure he was racing you?
The V6 Camaro has 32x hp...the V8 is 4xx...I don't think he was racing. Sometimes Hondas rev their engine and try to race me. It only takes one rev back, since either tire of mine has more hp than their entire engine at crank.

I do love the CR-Z. Everytime I stop by a Honda dealership, they NEVER have a standard- it's always that other thing. I hope one day I can get a used one and really have some fun with it, it seems like a blast.

Look forward to following further CR-Z info! I hope Honda doesn't nip it out like the Element.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.
Reply  Post New Thread