Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hybrids
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
EtOH

Cordelia - '15 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport
90 day: 37.83 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Is there an aftermarket yet? Can you swap in something?
Not really, you'll have to find someone to export the backseat for you like this guy. There is some work involved Another thing is they're not for tall people. For women and children it might work. But it's not a sedan so don't expect to carry 4 grown adults. I don't know what the gross weight limit is on these either.

Honda CR-Z is pretty much a car for two only - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by eufo View Post
Standards are very rare. I had to have mine shipped in from another dealer since they had none on the lot.

There is definitely no back seat, but it LOOKS like a crappy back seat. It has storage areas instead. I have heard of people swapping in back seats imported from other markets. I don't see the point, however, because there is nowhere to put your legs or head. LOL
There's a 70:30 ratio of CVT:6spd from what I read. It's better than the more pedestrian sedans but nowhere near a sports car. The FRS/BRZ have a near 30:70 ratio of automatics to manual.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-24-2013, 02:02 AM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Ariana - '13 Honda CR-Z EX NAVI
90 day: 42.09 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allch Chcar View Post
There's a 70:30 ratio of CVT:6spd from what I read. It's better than the more pedestrian sedans but nowhere near a sports car. The FRS/BRZ have a near 30:70 ratio of automatics to manual.
Yeah, I read that ratio too, but my real world experience has been... *counts in head*

12 total CR-Zs on 3 Honda lots... 1 6MT... that's more like a 92:8 ratio, but it's a small sample size since Honda dealers carry so few of them.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:59 AM   #23 (permalink)
EtOH

Cordelia - '15 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport
90 day: 37.83 mpg (US)
I'm just repeating what I read in a Honda corp press release. Even a cars.com search came up with a 85:15 CVT to MT. Although that says nothing of the cars that already sold.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:42 AM   #24 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Ariana - '13 Honda CR-Z EX NAVI
90 day: 42.09 mpg (US)
Yeah, I'd imagine that the 70:30 ratio is probably accurate, but doesn't reflect current supply because there appears to be heavier demand for the 6MT.

Incidentally, the last 3 nights driving home ended up being 52.0, 52.0, and 54.9 mpg... so I feel fairly confident that upping my tire pressure from 30psi to 40psi has had a significant increase in mpg!

Old 06-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I loved my Prelude, but it was an '87, with a nine-second 0-60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allch Chcar View Post
Not really, you'll have to find someone to export the backseat for you like this guy. There is some work involved Another thing is they're not for tall people. For women and children it might work. But it's not a sedan so don't expect to carry 4 grown adults. I don't know what the gross weight limit is on these either.
My Prelude was the only car where I pulled the seat all of the way and actually needed to bring it forward, but I once had a five year-old in my back seat who mentioned that he did not have anywhere to put his feet.

A small child did not have enough legroom!

Yet I once transported two girls and two guys taller than me--6'6" and 6'7"! The taller guy was actually in the back, with his legs between the front seats, over my parking break.

We bottomed out...

For some reason that only happened once.

Reply  Post New Thread