Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Motorcycles / Scooters
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2014, 08:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Was the legend the one with the turbo button? Last I used a wheelchair Invacare was having failures with the brushless gearless motor units. Hope it stays that way, but I have a lot of pain in my body and so far I just complain and pop pills to deal with it. Just fustrates me that an oil change can take 4 hours or rotating tires can be an all day affair.

quickie p200

Invacare cat

jazzy 1170 test drive

jazzy 1170 climbing curb

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-26-2014, 10:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

White Whale - '03 Chrysler Town & Country mini van all white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
Was the legend the one with the turbo button?]
LOL! Everything but... - my Legend seat cover has [racing] embroidered on, long wheelie bars with skateboard wheels, a checkered flag, a fake tachometer using a plastic easter egg, a mirror and bicycle grips, lots of flames/checkered flag/tie-dye and detail stickers. More 'show' than 'go'.

Great links- 2 old - 2 furious was terrific (after the Cat video), I followed the choices to wheelchair speed comparisons (Bounder is 11.5 mph), and found out that my silver scooter has them all beat @ 12 mph!

One link led to the E-36 scooter (the one I mentioned goes 18 mph). That would beat my scooter easily. Someday I hope to get one!
Old 09-26-2014, 11:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I never did too many performance mods. Most were show. I did wire up 2 12 volt lights for 24 volt operation, wired up a 24 to 12 volt converter for power and went to atv tires. Batteries I went to wet lead acid as I do not fly. They charge faster and last longer. The cat I cleaned the motor and brushes, made it run better. It was full of black coal dust like. The quickie when range wasnt an issue I went to 2 u1 batteries up in the front compartment to help reduce it from wheelieing. The p200 is designed to float on the drive wheel, but that gets old fast.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
I went to 2 u1 batteries up in the front compartment to help reduce it from wheelieing
I wish mine would pull a wheelie, but it has more wires and a governer to keep starting smooth. I fried the onboard battery charger so it is wired to an external charger but didn't change anything- shroud off/dead charger out/shroud on.

Those wheelie bars are all show! Not very clear photos- they are orange to match the parachute, and that close up is the dash- clock/Edelbrock and flame stickers/ those purple things are dice, and the yellow and black Racing seat cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wc1.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	15925   Click image for larger version

Name:	wc2.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	15926   Click image for larger version

Name:	wc3.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	15927  
Old 09-28-2014, 04:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I melted the connector on a p300 and the invacare cat for the charger. I use to run it down and charge it up fully. After that incident I charge daily regardless of use.

The p300 was a rental, so it was restored to stock operation. The Invacare cat was mines, so I clipped the plug from the charger, added alligator clips and connect it to the battery terminals that read 24 volts to charge.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
I charge daily regardless of use.
Smart! That is what I should do. My Jazzy is a slow indoor chair so I charge it about once a week. The Legend about 5 times a week since I use it more. The silver scooter takes all day to charge so I plan ahead and charge it one day before I use it.

All are 24V, but the EW36 trike is 48V. 24 more volts for 6 more mph. I don't get it- but I still want one! __________
Old 09-28-2014, 10:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Oh great, 4 batteries to deal with it. Every so often on a weekend or Federal holiday when I was home and public transportation did not run I would check my batteries fluid, top them off and use a small 12 volt charger to top them off. I guess this could be considered balancing them. I hear the automatic wheelchair battery chargers only go to like 90% before they cut off and never reach the float status or the one that boils the fluid for a little in all cells.

Id have to look em over to get some ideas. I thought if I had to get another vehicle Id get the hub motor bicycle wheels and those at 1000 watts at 48 volts can do 45 mph.

The bounder is another idea as it looks like it uses go cart parts.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

My old German City-El had 48 volts- 4 deep cell Sears DieHard batteries. Talk about confusing wiring! I had that 3-wheeler about 2007 to 2010 but that thing would *zip* so it had to be licensed. I complained about that computer junk it had on Ecomodder a lot. When I sold that- I never missed it.

Reply  Post New Thread