Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Civic - '99 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 37.39 mpg (US)
[NJ] FS: 1991 Honda CRX HF/VX Federal HX with Federal D15Z1 Conversion

SOLD

I am posting this car for sale on behalf of my father. It is currently his Daily Driver.

His reason for selling is simple. He has been working a blue collar job his whole life which has taken a toll on his shoulders, and driving a stick shift car with manual steering is getting tiresome. He is nearing retirement age and is making arrangements to have shoulder replacement surgery. This will make the need for the vehicle obsolete due to long term disability and the ability to drive the car disappear.

With that out of the way, here are the details on the car.
  • It is a 1991 Honda CRX HF, Federal (Taller Final Drive) with 283,601 miles
  • The engine is a 1993 Civic VX D15Z1 and the conversion was done at 262,521 miles
  • At the time of the conversion, the donor engine had ~130,000 miles, which now puts it at ~150,000 miles.
  • The engine was partialy torn down and inspected. New OEM Head Gasket, Head Studs, Timing Belt, Water Pump, Tensioner, Valve Cover Gasket, F&R Main Seals, Distributor, Alternator, Clutch , Radiator, and Spark Plugs were installed among other maintenance items. The engine was perfectly clean inside, and the cross hatching on the cylinder walls was still visible.
  • The car runs flawlessly, I performed the wiring myself, and used a Boomslang wiring harness for the OBD0-OBD1 conversion. He has put over 20k miles on the conversion without a single issue.
  • Beyond the engine swap, the car has newer brakes, wheels, tires, struts, trailing arm bushings.
  • All maintenance records are available as well as reciepts.
  • The car had rust on the rear wheel wells which was professionally repaired.
  • In the interest of full disclosure, there is a water leak somewhere on the drivers side. My father removed the carpet on the drivers side due to moisture, and there is only a floor mat on that side. It only leaks while driving in a heavy rain, it does not leak while parked which is why we were not able to find it.
  • My father is not a "hypermiler" and routinely gets high 40's to low 50's MPG. When I borrowed the car for a week, I got 58MPG using basic hypermiling techniques.
  • Everything in the car works as it would from the factory, including AC, the radio, etc.
  • Other than the water leak, there are NO issues with this car and I would not hesitate to drive it across the country and back if desired.
  • The LAF sensor is OEM, and was used at the time of the conversion, there are NO codes.

With all of that being said, my father's asking price is SOLD

, he has a clean title in hand and is not in a rush to sell. You can contact him at 6 zero 9 - seven 0 nine - 7 two three 7 or at esd_dmd at yahoo dot com. His name is Ed and he loves to talk cars, so if you call be prepared to get an earfull.

This car is very clean and you will not be disappointed, my father's meticulous nature is borderline mental. The pictures speak for themselves.

For an extra $400, my father will include a set of 14" HX wheels with the car.

Thank you for the space ecomodder.

Last edited by SuperHatch; 05-29-2012 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: SOLD
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,960 Times in 3,604 Posts
Good time to sell, and the car looks great. Good luck!
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget
Old 05-11-2012, 06:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Ttt
Old 05-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Availability

is the CRX still available?
Old 05-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Yes it is!!
Old 05-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thank you,
This is a very clean and nice looking CRX. I have been looking for a non-project daily driver for a while now. I am located in Rochester NY and I am not opposed to traveling a bit to get a quality vehicle. My only issue would be that if I did drive a distance to buy, it would most likely be a done deal, and I would be buying the care sight unseen other than pictures. That being said, is there anything that you can think of that might be or end up being an issue with this CRX? Also how bad is the window leak and do you have any idea where it might be failing? Sorry for the long winded reply but I just like to be thorough.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRX Seeker View Post
Thank you,
This is a very clean and nice looking CRX. I have been looking for a non-project daily driver for a while now. I am located in Rochester NY and I am not opposed to traveling a bit to get a quality vehicle. My only issue would be that if I did drive a distance to buy, it would most likely be a done deal, and I would be buying the care sight unseen other than pictures. That being said, is there anything that you can think of that might be or end up being an issue with this CRX? Also how bad is the window leak and do you have any idea where it might be failing? Sorry for the long winded reply but I just like to be thorough.
I can completely understand your position and your concern as I have a been there before.

There are no issues to be concerned with other than what is mentioned in this thread. I am a firm believer in full disclosure. The leak is not bad. It only seems to leak when driving, not whiled parked. The degree of the leak is directly proportional to the severity of the rain. The leak has never been bad enough to cause pooling or a sloshing feeling in the carpet. My father only noticed it when touching the carpet and feeling the moisture. We were not able to determine the exact source of the leak.

Like I said, my father is very meticulous, you will not be disappointed.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

OK Great,
and thank you again. I am interested in this vehicle. Would you rather I begin dialog with you Father as you suggested in the the thread or can i continue going through you? I would like to set up an appointment to come to NJ and have a look.

Thanks
Old 05-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Honestly, it would be better do directly deal with him, if you prefer to deal with me that is ok, but being the middle man is never a fun place to be.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Not a problem at all. If you could just answer one more question, Does your Father prefer to be contacted by phone or by the email that you listed for him?

Thanks again.

Reply  Post New Thread