Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2016, 11:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Lightbulb 1989 Dodge Daytona ES 2.5L N/A

Hey everyone!

Long time lurker here. Just wanted to stop in and see if any one would have some ideas on my cars. I think I currently get somewhere between 28-32MPG on it right now.

I have two 1989 Dodge Daytona ES 2.5L N/A 3-speed cars. Wanting to see if I could use one of them to get some pretty decent MPG out of. One of them is getting a 3.8L Chrysler V6 swapped into it, so that probably wouldn't be a good candidate for obvious reasons. But the other one is free game.

Now, I'm a very active poster over on Turbo Mopar and Turbo Dodge where there's tons and tons of information on these cars. They're mostly about power adders though. Though I have seen people posting their MPG hear and there. There seems to be reports of people getting 42MPG in their 2.2L turbo cars with the 5-speed trans. That's after heaving modding for power too. Including bigger injectors, larger turbo, and 3" exhaust with no cat.

I have a 2.5L engine with a sloppy 3-speed auto. So I know the first boosts to speed and fuel economy would be swapping to the 5-speed trans.

Here's a list of ideas I've had to increase the MPG:
  • 5-Speed Transmission
  • TBI to MPFI
  • .5"-1" drop
  • Eco Tires
  • Headers
  • 2.5" exhaust
  • Rear seat removal (so tiny that no adult can sit back there)
  • Hot air intake
  • 3.3L Springs (easier for the motor to rev)

I think the only thing that is kind of sucky about the N/A part so setup is the pumping losses. A turbo might actually help the fuel economy slightly.

Let me know what you guys think!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
daytona, dodge, economy, sohc, throttle body injection