Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > General Efficiency Discussion
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2016, 02:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

2016 Hyundai Sonata C of D

Just a quick question, can anyone tell me what the difference (besides the very obvious drivetrain) is between the Sonata Hybrid and the 2.4 liter SE model? I am the owner of a New Sonata SE and was trying to see if there was some easy mods I could do and what the Cofdrag of this automobile is. All searches of drag turn up the Hybrid, PEV, I know there is a way to filter out that word, but i thought I would tap the considerable brain trust here - plus I am lazy and time crunched. By the way, I am getting about 39 mpg at 65 mph on flat interstate, only 2800 miles on the car.

A few quick thoughts: Standard Front seats are just OK, no Lumbar adjustment. Steering feel is good, not great. 6 speed automatic trans is dreamy nice!!! This modest boat is very quiet at all speeds so far encountered (I'm still babying it). At 65 it just wants to roll and roll and roll for ever with hardly any throttle applied.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-15-2016, 11:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

OK, answering my own post here (is that lame?) I passed a hybrid Sonata on the freeway and noticed 2 things right away: There is a big flat extension of the belly pan that goes all the way to the rear bumper with no accomodation for the meager exhaust pipe. There are "end plates" molded into the body work that extend at wheel level fore and aft.

The Following User Says Thank You to Major Puffer For This Useful Post:
Daox (03-15-2016)
Reply  Post New Thread