Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > General Efficiency Discussion
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2014, 10:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post
As long as Toyota has showrooms and their marketing people decide that the kids don't want to drive Grandma's Camry, Scion will be a thing.
A guy from my ex Honda dealership used to sell scions. He said no one under 40 ever bought one. People came in to look at Toyotas, he showed them some scions and the simplicity of the ancient interior while still being reliable, combined with great price (for the reliability, nothing else lol), they jumped.

For the most part, they look decent outside. I imagine this wants to capture more attention. I figured they would go CUV rather than another FF mid size [car].

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-21-2014, 10:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Cool

BULLCRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who Are Best Customers for Cool Cars? 60-Somethings - WSJ

"Today, however, the brand's line of funky-looking small cars is attracting buyers like Leslie Olsen, a 65-year-old retired university director from Golden, Colo., who recently leased a burgundy 2012 Scion xB."

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
A guy from my ex Honda dealership used to sell scions. He said no one under 40 ever bought one.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:07 PM   #13 (permalink)

Pope Pious the Prius - '13 Toyota Prius Two
Team Toyota
SUV
90 day: 51.62 mpg (US)

Tycho the Truck - '91 Toyota Pickup DLX 4WD
90 day: 22.22 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,800 Times in 938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
I thought production was haulted due to the sunami/nuclear melt down and the only car in production was a joint venture with subaroo? I tried to buy a 2nd gen xb and was told they were discontinued.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
I think the iQ is being phased out, and they introduced a new model recently: the FR-S which come to think of it, looks like a rebadged BR-Z. They are still listing 5 models on their web site.
That car was developed with Subaru, which provides the boxer engines; it's sold elsewhere as the Toytota 86. It's been out for a couple years now, and is supposed to be quite the track/autocross car, although I have yet to drive one.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
86GT aka GT86 aka FRS aka BRZ are all the same, other than different spring rates.

(The Subaru is the smoothest while also the fastest. I have heard the Subaru to Toyota build ratio is 1 to 9.)

I drove the scion version BEFORE they started putting post 1996 radios in. It was nifty, but WOW is it a slug. It felt fast, I tore off onto the road, ripped into second, thought I was doing 70, and I was approaching the 40 MPH speed limit.

It has the sensation of speed, but is dreadfully slow. My Insights legitimately feel faster in actual performance, if you get what I mean. Good concept, but for that money, ride quality, ride height, and mileage, it is a non starter. I'd get a Miata before it, but even if it was the same price as a Mustang- I'd get the Stang first.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.
Reply  Post New Thread