Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2015, 11:50 AM   #31 (permalink)
Experienced UAW Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
Except that it weighs more than a V8-454. Imagine the FF/RR weight imbalance, empty.
Not really. Weight is really close. Maybe 20 pounds, nothing to worry about. But the cost to build a 700R-4 to live behind a 6.5 isn't worth it. If you salvage from a '92-'93 you can get the 4L80E and the controller. Being nose-heavy isn't of any real concern since this car obviously isn't being prepped for 1G cornering.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-06-2015, 01:14 PM   #32 (permalink)
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmick View Post
Not really. Weight is really close. Maybe 20 pounds, nothing to worry about. But the cost to build a 700R-4 to live behind a 6.5 isn't worth it. If you salvage from a '92-'93 you can get the 4L80E and the controller. Being nose-heavy isn't of any real concern since this car obviously isn't being prepped for 1G cornering.
Not to mention any type of automatic transmission behind either of Detroits classic NA diesels is a waste of fuel power and reliability, best to stick in a proper manual transmission and be done with it.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:52 PM   #33 (permalink)
Beating EPA Unmodded

Blue Eagle - '10 Honda Civic LX
Team Honda
90 day: 31.12 mpg (US)
Welcome!

I think that 15 could be doable in an El Camino, with lots of hard work that is. The first thing would probably be to change driving habits (in SF it's kinda tough because of all the traffic) then do some mods. Some wheel skirts would be nice to see on that thing, as well as some kind of aerocap that we see on trucks here.

Like others here are saying, V8 addictions are not good for FE at all. I can get 8 MPG in my Civic going WOT the whole time (I wish I was kidding). Be sure to read up on the 100+ hypermiling tips. The best mod that you can do to your car is done to yourself!

Reply  Post New Thread