Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

93 Honda Civic VX - 5 spd - Red (no A/C, all manual, no eco mods)

SOLD

117,000 miles on this car; the odometer stopped at 99K, but I only commute to work so I've estimated based on that. I drive 21 miles a day and fill up every couple weeks. Speedometer does not work, but I just use the tachometer. I trained my tach reading with an Android app called Ulysse Speedometer. The timing belt and water pump were replaced at 90K. Replaced the distributor,plugs, and wires in April of this year. Tires are good, replaced front ones in October 2011, rear are 20 months old. Front brakes replaced Nov 2010. Radiator and upper hose were replaced in February this year. Replaced the rubber grommets for neutral safety and clutch pedal sensors since they dry rotted.

The only aftermarket mod is cruise control; that was there when I got the car in 2009. The paint on the top and hood is showing signs of wear. All in all, it's in decent shape. I need a/c and more cargo space for work, so my little red Honda has to go.

I'm asking $2500.

imgur.com/a/o61Y0

P.S. My mechanic seems to think the o2 sensor needs replacing. 5 wire O2, of course. Should be easy to find at a yard.

Last edited by malocchio; 08-07-2012 at 11:48 PM.. Reason: Added link to images
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
EcoMod Proof of Concept

WD-40's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
Gen-1 Insights
Team Honda
90 day: 56.04 mpg (US)

WD-40's Mirage - '15 Mitsubushi Mirage ES
Mitsubishi
90 day: 46.05 mpg (US)

WD-40's Sonata Hybrid - '17 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited
Thats a great looking car for its age, I believe it would sell for more on ebay or maybe even take bids here.
Its a rare car thats not been butchered before, and this ones even a more rare car being a VX.
Good luck on the sale, it won't take long to sell.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

VX

Thanks for the eBay suggestion. I can afford to take my time selling this. I'm frankly a little sad to see it go, but it should make a modder quite happy.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Ethel - '92 Honda Civic VX
90 day: 53.44 mpg (US)
Do you have a phone number that I can contact you at, or feel free to call me @ 573-682-4699 (my name is Cole). I am not too awful far from you (about 6 hours) and am interested in your VX. Thanks and have a great 4th of July
Old 07-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I sent you a PM with my number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coletrain777 View Post
Do you have a phone number that I can contact you at, or feel free to call me @ 573-682-4699 (my name is Cole). I am not too awful far from you (about 6 hours) and am interested in your VX. Thanks and have a great 4th of July
Old 07-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
You list two prices, $2,500 and $4,000... but said $2,500 here so I assume that's your current asking price?
So it needs the Speedometer fixed and a new o2 sensor... how is the inside? seat's on these always rip by the drivers left bolster, anything else inside broken or wore out?
Old 07-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

That was a mistake on the imgur links. I originally posted to CL at that price and got zero response. $2500 is my current asking price.

You are right about there being a rip. There's only one that I know of, and it's on the driver's side seat - door side.

The cup holder won't close and the dash lights are intermittent. I removed the pot and shot some deoxit in there but that didn't seem to help. I just give it a firm push anytime the dash light dims and it comes back.

Here's the album of interior shots. Everything could use a vacuum and wipe down.

imgur.com/a/f9SW3#0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
You list two prices, $2,500 and $4,000... but said $2,500 here so I assume that's your current asking price?
So it needs the Speedometer fixed and a new o2 sensor... how is the inside? seat's on these always rip by the drivers left bolster, anything else inside broken or wore out?
Old 07-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I washed the car between posts. Vacuumed out the interior and did some light shampooing. There's some adhesive residue left over from velcro strips on the air vent controls. I can go at that with Goo-Gone.

The hinge on the fuse cover is broken; I keep it in the glove box now. Oh, there's a small crack in plastic over the instrument panel. The backlight for the instrument panel goes out sometimes. I've pulled the potentiometer out and sprayed it with deoxit. That didn't work. The only thing that does work is pushing on the thumbwheel. Should replace it or just bypass the dimmer altogether.

I'll try to answer any questions, take more pics, etc . . .

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
civic vx, honda civic vx 5-wire, nashville