Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2014, 07:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
hypermiller somewhat.....

Sierra - '13 GMC 1500 SLE
90 day: 12.24 mpg (US)

Cruze Eco - '15 chevrolet Cruze Eco
Team Chevy
90 day: 46.52 mpg (US)
I am trying to master P & G on my 09 manual vibe. I have instrumentation and I am curious about what the best practice is.

I currently get 6.5 LPK with cruise on, coasting down the hills as much as possible and dropping speed on the hills once my load gets above 85% or 10 LPH without going below 90kph if at all possible.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-20-2014, 03:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnsvibe09 View Post
I am trying to master P & G on my 09 manual vibe. I have instrumentation and I am curious about what the best practice is.

I currently get 6.5 LPK with cruise on, coasting down the hills as much as possible and dropping speed on the hills once my load gets above 85% or 10 LPH without going below 90kph if at all possible.
P&G is not about using cruise, I assume you are talking about two different things ?
Old 01-20-2014, 05:24 PM   #13 (permalink)

Team Chevy
Yes two different things but allow me to blur the lines....

When I am on the highway alone I cruise at 90 KPH. It seems that I use three different techniques on my commute. I bleed off speed as I climb the hills to keep below 9 or 10 LPH. Going down depends on grade. EONC works for me but I tend to bleed off to about 90 KPH. For now, I will not use EOFFC for the sake of 10 CC/Min considering that most of my hills are only about 1 to 2 minutes long. I have about three long hills that are effective with DFCO mode - zero fuel consumption.

Now toss in traffic and I will engage the cruise to 100KPH, bleed off at the passing lanes, gently gaining at the crest to highway speed by the time I hit the solid white line. I just allow the car to do it's thing down the hills with the DFCO or EONC where possible.

My car is DBW so using the controls on the cruise is just as responsive as the foot pedal, actually I find the increments much smaller. So I just simply tap up or down to manage load and fuel consumption.

I have only had the instrumentation since late December and I have been expermenting with my adhoc P and G with only a 3 to 5 KPH range just by timing my cruise speed adjustments. I want to what is working for other folks???

I would like to include a GPX file, somewhere in Ecomodder, of approximately 50 miles of my commute. Apparently it has over 5740 feet of hill elevation. I would be entertained to find out who else has a commute like this, other than the hyperburners passing me some of which are full size, one person trucks.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:16 PM   #14 (permalink)

Team Chevy
my drive...

I think this will work here....
Attached Files
File Type: zip UntitledGraph.zip (13.8 KB, 27 views)
Old 01-30-2014, 04:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
I think idle for an Auto in N is fine from what I have read here and elsewhere as the engine also pumps transmission oil.

Engine off is a different story as the trans is not lubed. Check the towing instructions. If they say limited speed / distance then you shouldn't coast with the engine off.

I also shift to N on lights, and shut off at standstill on long lights (shift to P).
If you were to install a kill switch to leave the IG in III it would this allow you to keep the electric on which keeps the pump running for the tranny oil and then you would be safe if your car is not allowed to be flat towed. Am I thinking about this correctly?

Then you would just switch back to IGI or IGII and restart with the switch back on to start.

Cheers
J

Last edited by EspElement; 01-30-2014 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: To add second paragragh of information
Reply  Post New Thread