Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2010, 02:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Oh Deer - '03 Ford Ranger XL
90 day: 33.97 mpg (US)
Aero cap question

Hello again,

Man I love this forum. Soooo many great ideas. I was just looking at some of the DIY aero caps on here. My hats off to all of you that have done this! I haven't seen much info for trucks with short beds and aero caps though. Someday I would love to try this but it just isn't in the realistic future. My biggest problem is that my truck is a Ford Ranger Splash. Short bed and a step side. For arguments sake, and just in case there is anyone else out there wishing for a cap for a similar bed style, how would someone go about desiging a cap for this type of bed? Angled straight to the tailgate (probablay too steep) or a Kammback arrangement? As wide as the cab or the bed? Or as wide as the cab and tapered into the width of the bed?

I guess I'm just looking for a place to discuss ideas for this difficult bed style.

Any ideas out there?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread