Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #21 (permalink)
Adventurist!

CLaero - '97 Acura CL Premium
90 day: 34.59 mpg (US)

CR-v - '03 Honda CR-V EX
Team Honda
90 day: 26.52 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven7 View Post
For highway FE, I saw about 25% MPG increase without a boat tail, and 46% increase with one. With all we've mentioned in this thread you may be able to top ~35mpg on the highway at 60mph.
Already netting 37mpg avg hwy looking to break 40!

Quote:
Agreed with others on buttoning up the front, and front/rear belly pans. haven't seen what it looks like under the boot area, but if like other hondas i've seen, its a parachute. still not as big as mine.

With your CL lowered, i assume you've also made a roll bar change, and aligned everything properly. How is your chamber?
There is quite a bit that can be done to the underside, especially the rear, its got a huge parachute!

The car was lowered by the PO, no clue as to whether the stabilizer bar has been changed, or what alignment adjustments (if any) have been made, though it has some serious negative camber. Tax season will net me a camber adjustment kit (if needed) along with some LRRs.

I've been hoping to stumble across some light 15in wheels since there are a lot more options at a better price point. I don't believe 14's will clear due to the disc brakes.

Thanks for all the suggestions! Still looking for a decent front airdam design template if anyone comes across one!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbleak21 View Post
Already netting 37mpg avg hwy looking to break 40!

Nice!

Thanks for all the suggestions! Still looking for a decent front airdam design template if anyone comes across one!
Attach Al bar at one wheel well, bend, bend, bend, attach at other wheel well. Remove, drill holes every 10". Drill holes in lawn edging. Zip tie together. Attach to bumper. I used body screws on the ends and zip ties on the rest.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post335804

Reply  Post New Thread