Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #271 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,790 Times in 1,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrelt View Post
On "Aeromodability of a VW Bug?" :

I found this interesting old article online. See link: Sports Car Graphic - September 1969 - 10 pages.
Use the "next page" link at the top for navigating to the next page.
Nice article, I read it, liked the old ads a lot too.

1977 Porsche 911s Targa
1998 Chevy S-10 Pick-Up truck
1989 Scat II HP Hovercraft

Chin Spoiler:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-t...effective.html

Rear Spoiler Pick Up Truck
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-t...xperiment.html

Roof Wing
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...1-a-19525.html
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #272 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

The Bug - '69 Volkswagen Bug Base
The Brubaker box reminds me of a red potato...

Looks like I'll be getting rid of the Baja sadly. I'm not going to have the time/funds to put into it. Looking to get 150 out of it, now that I have a set of wheels for it.

I'm planning on putting some cash into my '69 however, so I'm also going to start thinking about doing some minor streamlining. I'm already going to hopefully do the rear wheel fender well cover *have to decide on inside the fender well or outside now..*, and I'm also debating about trying to maybe make a front fender wheel cover. I noticed in the two cylinder bug they clipped the fenders back, and I don't quite like the idea of that.

Frustratingly, I want to keep the car stock, but seeing as how I'm going to need it to last as long as possible and get me as far as possible, I'm going to have to alter the looks a bit. So long as it doesn't leave gaping holes or major paint damage, I'm considering it *keyword, gaping holes. Smaller ones are fine*.

The eyelids are coming off, and I'm upgrading to conversion H4 bulbs so I can actually see. Debating about notching out the bumper for some smaller fogs on the front or rear. I know a dual port isn't the best for economy, but my engine is on it's way out, and the dual port has the pulling power that I'll need for the trailer I'm getting to move. That and I would love to have some more oomph, and I doubt I'll lose any economy because of how poorly my engine is running right now. Hopefully I won't have to do 25 up hills anymore

I'll get on track with that car soon as I'm back in state. Right now I'm in Modesto (basically) visiting family. Went from Canada, to Washington, to California, then back to Washington. Traveling sucks

1969 VW Bug - Daily Driver
1975 VW Baja - Current Project
Priors:
1989 Honda Prelude Si 4WS (RIP)
1995 Honda Prelude Si (Traded)
1980 Fiat Spider 2000 (Sold)
Reply  Post New Thread