Go Back   EcoModder Forum > AltModding > Alternative Transportation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2008, 12:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Almost got hit today

So the other day I was busy dodging errant cyclists: http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ikes-5814.html

Today I was dodging errant Ford Mustangs.

I was biking toward a T intersection where I was the only direction that didn't have to stop. When I entered the intersection someone in a car blew through the stop sign to turn right in front of me. Except instead of in from of me it was more like, where I would've been if I hadn't swerved to the side. Anyway, I was shook up but I got his license plate number and promptly reported it to the police, who made a report and actually tracked the guy down. Last I heard they were going to confront him about it, haven't heard back. I wonder if it'll be in the school's police blotter.

Anyway, I know a lot of people on here don't think the cops do anything, but I've only reported two driving incidents and both we handled seriously, so, it's worth it if safety is a concern, I think.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-04-2008, 12:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
herp derp Apprentice

Saturn-sold - '99 saturn sc1
Team Saturn
90 day: 28.28 mpg (US)

Yukon - '03 GMC Yukon Denali
90 day: 13.74 mpg (US)
i've noticed an unusually high number of new body style mustangs over at the dealerships body shop since gas prices went into free fall, all look like they were ditched, put through a field, rolled...single vehicle stuff. gotta drive faster now that gas is cheaper ya know.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
So the other day I was busy dodging errant cyclists: http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ikes-5814.html

Today I was dodging errant Ford Mustangs.

I was biking toward a T intersection where I was the only direction that didn't have to stop. When I entered the intersection someone in a car blew through the stop sign to turn right in front of me. Except instead of in from of me it was more like, where I would've been if I hadn't swerved to the side. Anyway, I was shook up but I got his license plate number and promptly reported it to the police, who made a report and actually tracked the guy down. Last I heard they were going to confront him about it, haven't heard back. I wonder if it'll be in the school's police blotter.

Anyway, I know a lot of people on here don't think the cops do anything, but I've only reported two driving incidents and both we handled seriously, so, it's worth it if safety is a concern, I think.

I don't know about NH, but in some states you could take out a warrant against the driver for wreckless driving. You'd be required to be in court on the court date to testify though.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Yeah, I thought about it, but don't care enough about the hassle. If the police didn't scare him enough I still see him driving around so I can also wait for him to screw up again.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Guzzler - '08 Hyundai Elantra GL
90 day: 33.12 mpg (US)

Got Soul? - '11 Kia Soul 2U
Wow...glad you dodged it. I avoided an accident this week too. I was in an exit lane with no one in front of me when a dodge ram flew right by me on my left and ended up clipping the the left side of the last car stoped in the lane just left of mine. The hit was hard enough to propel the front end of the car completly into my lane. But since I was in DFCO at a low speed, I had no problem avoiding it jerking the wheel right. I stopped and fortunately, everyone was alright.

www.HyperKilometreur.com - Quand chaque goutte compte...
Reply  Post New Thread