Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > General Efficiency Discussion
Register Now
 Register Now
 

Reply  Post New Thread
 
Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2008, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
EV test pilot
 
bennelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oconomowoc, WI, USA
Posts: 4,405

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Thanks: 14
Thanked 610 Times in 359 Posts
Americans drive 30 BILLION less miles!

Front page of USA TODAY's main headline is:

DRIVERS CUT BACK BY 30B MILES.

In the last six months, american drivers have driven 30 BILLION with a "B" LESS miles. That's the biggest drop since the '79-'80 shortages!

The scary thing is that it's only down 1% of total driving. However, since total driving miles has been going UP 1 to 2 % every year, that means a total decrease of 2-3% drop in total miles.

See full story HERE on USA Today's web page.

__________________


300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos
  Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

   
Old 06-19-2008, 02:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veggiedynamics
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Alexandria, MN
Posts: 684

Volt12 - '12 Chevy Volt base
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
and gas and oil prices countinue to rise.. Odd isnt it..
__________________

  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Not when you factor in the oil futures speculators.
__________________



*Time period is from 1 January 2006 - 1 March 2007*
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
(:
 
Frank Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: up north
Posts: 12,585

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanks: 1,530
Thanked 3,367 Times in 2,121 Posts
So much for that: American driving level set to hit 7-year high
__________________


  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,927
Thanks: 877
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,302 Posts
My driving is about as low as it has ever been, 0 today, maybe 450 miles total in January.

regards
mech
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 02:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 327
Thanks: 11
Thanked 78 Times in 53 Posts
Send a message via MSN to markweatherill
removed

Last edited by markweatherill; 01-22-2015 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: my post was irrelevant considering age of topic
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Furry Furfag
 
Baltothewolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Apple Valley
Posts: 2,084

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Thanks: 67
Thanked 404 Times in 310 Posts
Frank, Y u bump 7 year old thread.
__________________

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
(:
 
Frank Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: up north
Posts: 12,585

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanks: 1,530
Thanked 3,367 Times in 2,121 Posts
Same topic.

__________________


  Reply With Quote
Reply  Post New Thread


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Longtime Lurker Looking for Miles ZX40 Electric Micro van mods & information rmay635703 Fossil Fuel Free 49 07-06-2014 10:27 PM
How many miles do you drive a month Lazarus EcoModding Central 38 07-02-2008 03:34 PM
Front VS Rear drive on electric bennelson Fossil Fuel Free 18 02-03-2008 03:10 PM



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com