Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2014, 09:56 PM   #41 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Thinking of you, Balto-

Lol why didn't I see this post months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrmouseyd15b View Post
I think it's awesome that a 21 year old is into ecomodding, and has the knowledge to put up some sick numbers and help others on the site! RESPECT! I was curious about your screen name, now I get it.

I'm no furry, but I judge people by how they treat themselves and others, and you sound normal enough. Your explanation of the furry thing sounds like you know WHO YOU ARE, and that's what counts. You're Ok in my book.

I'm 34 now, and frankly I should have started into the cars about 15 years ago (got into hvac instead) but the cars are an obsession. I wish I knew more.

Pretty awesome that we have this site to pick the other guy's brains when we get stuck, though

keep it up!
Victor.
Yea, I know where I stand and where I draw the line. Personally for me, I find ecomodding more soothing then 'going fast' all the time. I remember when I used to do 75-80mph to work in my Camry, getting ~25mpg, it was a lot more stressful. On top of the stress at work, driving was just too much. In my search for how to improve mpg I stumbled across this website, and so it began haha. I may not be the smartest, or all together person here but, I try not to be to much trouble.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-24-2014, 10:09 PM   #42 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
Lol why didn't I see this post months ago.

Yea, I know where I stand and where I draw the line. Personally for me, I find ecomodding more soothing then 'going fast' all the time. I remember when I used to do 75-80mph to work in my Camry, getting ~25mpg, it was a lot more stressful. On top of the stress at work, driving was just too much. In my search for how to improve mpg I stumbled across this website, and so it began haha. I may not be the smartest, or all together person here but, I try not to be to much trouble.
LOL, you have 42 years to catch up with me balto and a good two decades head start. I'd like to get a glimpse of this world in 42 years, but I would be 105 and fuel mileage would most likely no longer be relevant.

regards
mech
Old 09-24-2014, 10:43 PM   #43 (permalink)
The brake pedal is evil

Denny's Detector - '08 Mercury Grand Marquis

Taserface - '17 Chevy Volt
Quote:
When it's 100F+ outside this would be so useful with a fursuit, and no. It's not a bad thing :P.
I figured that a Camel pack is cheaper than a tank, a dampness sensor, and a pump. Plus I can take the waterless version and adapt it to active airflow seats so that you can stay cool without AC even when it is 90F outside. I'll build it eventually, I just need the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
You knew this when you were 13? My parents believed in spanking til their kids were 18, but they made an exception for me as they found out I liked it.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:31 PM   #44 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
LOL, you have 42 years to catch up with me balto and a good two decades head start. I'd like to get a glimpse of this world in 42 years, but I would be 105 and fuel mileage would most likely no longer be relevant.

regards
mech
:P. I'm hoping it's still around in 40 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Man View Post
I figured that a Camel pack is cheaper than a tank, a dampness sensor, and a pump. Plus I can take the waterless version and adapt it to active airflow seats so that you can stay cool without AC even when it is 90F outside. I'll build it eventually, I just need the time.

I have a camel back, but I have been in a fursuit before, it's really ****ing hot.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:52 PM   #45 (permalink)
The brake pedal is evil

Quote:

I have a camel back, but I have been in a fursuit before, it's really ****ing hot.
The fans are the easy part, something that uses water and can be tipped over without making a wet mess on something that is a PITA to clean would be insanely expensive due to the water metering requirement. It is cheaper to just let sweat do its job, use airflow to evaporate the sweat, and use the cammel back for makeup water. The only viable phase change system is letting the human body handle the metering or make it manually metered, but even that is a PITA and the trigger would be awkward. This

Old 09-24-2014, 11:56 PM   #46 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Quote:
The fans are the easy part, something that uses water and can be tipped over without making a wet mess on something that is a PITA to clean would be insanely expensive due to the water metering requirement. It is cheaper to just let sweat do its job, use airflow to evaporate the sweat, and use the cammel back for makeup water. The only viable phase change system is letting the human body handle the metering or make it manually metered, but even that is a PITA and the trigger would be awkward. This
What about air ducts, with a really high CFM fan with a toggle switch in one of the paws to turn it off and on? Ditch the water idea and use the camel back to replenish lost water due to sweat.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:59 PM   #47 (permalink)
The brake pedal is evil

Electric switches aren't the issue, they are easy to place and you can set those once and let the high noise floor in the convention center cover up whatever the cotton doesn't absorb sound wise, anything to manually trigger the water part would need to be used significantly more often and be harder to place.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:03 PM   #48 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Quote:
Electric switches aren't the issue, they are easy to place and you can set those once and let the high noise floor in the convention center cover up whatever the cotton doesn't absorb sound wise, anything to manually trigger the water part would need to be used significantly more often and be harder to place.
Well just ditch the water all together then.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:22 AM   #49 (permalink)
The brake pedal is evil

I already decided to at least a month ago (ctrl+f mk3)

Old 09-26-2014, 12:35 AM   #50 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Quote:
I already decided to at least a month ago (ctrl+f mk3)
Lol. What made you think of doing it in the first place? Like the whole ducting thing.

Reply  Post New Thread