Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #21 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Chippy - '93 Honda Civic DX Hatch
90 day: 35.92 mpg (US)

VD - '98 Chevy Lumina base
90 day: 28.72 mpg (US)

Jimmy - '00 GMC Jimmy SLT
90 day: 18.11 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VX Fuego View Post
I have a 93 Civic VX, but I found out the hard way that it's a California car. I bought it with the expectation of 50mpg, but my best avg so far is about 43. It's a stick shift of course. It's so much easier to save gas with a manual!

"I wish I had the wisdom to buy cars like this a DECADE ago at least. I used to trash talk these little gas sippers, now I love them".

I used to feel the same way before I went to college. I was all about Big Jeeps with lifts and monster mud tires. I was getting 11mpg in my rig. Man I was numb back then. I should have bought a small car back then. O well I learned from my mistakes.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
Not banned yet

Blue - '03 Chevy S-10, LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothtrooper View Post
OK so I finally used up my last tank of gas. This last tank was disappointing. I went 363.4 miles on 10.53 gal. I did everything I could, coasted down every hill had my PSI up on the days were it didn't snow. It snowed for a few days and 50 PSI on snow and ice does not feel safe to me. I let it down to 35 PSI on snow days. But after the snow was gone I bumped my PSI back up. I feel like the weather was the killer for me over the past few weeks. Does the weather effect your mpg's?

Also I joined a car pool so I will only be driving 4 days a week now. Which is great. The down side is I will have to but my back seats back in. My cardboard and duck-tape grill blockers rotated out due to the snow, salt, and water. I am thinking of making some tin ones. I will keep you guys updated with any modes. Later
yes.

Reply  Post New Thread