Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2022, 03:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Princess Carriage - '20 Ford Explorer Limited

Silver - '22 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT w/tow pkg
Maverick Hybrids
90 day: 41.3 mpg (US)
I went to find a pic of my old Insight Ron Burgundy with the moon discs on it but saw that Ecky had already put it up!

Miss that car sometimes

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-22-2022, 04:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,839 Times in 7,295 Posts
So those are retained by the bolts? Do they clip onto the wheel or do you have to juggle them into place?

Are you intending to recover those? They look a lot like my Lemmerz 4x100 artillery spoke wheels:

There exists an accessory 7" plate that fits behind the bolts for them, but I haven't found a picture since the 1980s. I was thinking about making 3D printed ones.

I've got these Moon disks. If I had an edge roller to flange the edge, I'd cut them down to 12" for the XFi.

Maybe a V-block and a little wheel in a bench vise?

edit:
Quote:
What plastic would be tough enough i wonder.
Probably any, depending on the perimeters and infill. Since they're bolted to the hub, brake heat might be an issue.
Quote:
https://www.3dprintem.com › protect-pla-from-heat
Protect PLA From Heat: The best Methods. - 3dprintem
High-Temperature PLA (HTPLA) from Protopasta can reach an excellent heat deflection of up to 88° C. This filament is perfect for any print that can face moderately high temperatures. Having only white color is the only disadvantage of HTPLA, though you should paint it to get different colors.

https://www.proto-pasta.com › pages › high-temp-pla
HTPLA - ProtoPlant, makers of Proto-pasta
HTPLA filament and/or parts with supports if required Preheat your oven to 95 -120 C (200-250 F). I prefer a convection oven set at 225 F. If using an electric oven, judge when the coils are no longer glowing. If glowing coils can't be avoided, block them with a foil sheet. Insert a flat and rigid wood or silicone surface in the oven.

https://www.reddit.com › r › 3Dprinting › comments › 79zcgf › heat_treat_any_pla
Heat treat any PLA? : r/3Dprinting - reddit.com
Yes you can heat treat most brands/colours of PLA. Some fare better than others- the same way that some print better than others at varying print temperatures- the same is true for annealing. I have a custom designed fan duct that goes from an 850 gram all copper heatsink/heatpipe cooler to a Corsair ML120 fan.
I've ordered from ProtoPasta, mostly the Bronze filled PLA.

My printers bed is only 11x11"

Last edited by freebeard; 11-22-2022 at 05:06 PM..
Old 11-22-2022, 10:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
A couple of the lugnuts hold them on. You gotta make sure you have the correct lugnuts though as one surface pulls up to the hub and holds onto the hubcap. So I will need to make sure i get the correct lugnuts off a civic or something or at least look and compare. My friendly neighbor looks to have the civic it came off of so i may just go ask to borrow a lug nut lol

I'll go find a pic of my old ones I made. I personally thought they looked good and they increased mpg by 3-4%
freebeard (11-23-2022)
Old 11-22-2022, 11:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)

-from 2018

I'm just saying... the tesla aerocap wheels look a bit too similar to my setup for my liking. I'm gonna have to have a talk with Elon :P
Old 12-03-2022, 12:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Look for a used set from mid 90's Pontiac Sunfire or Chevy Cavalier. They have stock wheel covers that used special lug nuts with external threads and a plastic nut to hold the covers on. Lots to be found in salvage yards and they look better than most aftermarket wheel covers.

lower grille block
spare tire delete

2016 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel 3.92 gears 24.6 MPG avg
Stage 1 Tune, EPA compliant
Custom 4" DPF back exhaust
Full grille block
Custom full length running boards
The Following User Says Thank You to Pbadgley For This Useful Post:
hayden55 (12-05-2022)
Reply  Post New Thread