Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

De Yaris - '04 toyota yaris T2
90 day: 69.55 mpg (US)
Camber and toe shims

Hey guys. I noticed over our recent cold spell that my yaris had a tendency to sideslip to the left at the rear wheels while i was driving on ice. I knew there was a slight misalignment after i got my NCT done and it showed a 11m/km misalignment. I wasnt happy about this but tire wear was ok until recently when i noticed a very slight feathering on both rear tires.
Aaaanyway, long story short; i need a shim kit to correct the toe on the rear wheels and found some on amazon:Amazon.com: Specialty Products Co. 75800 Dual Angle Ez Shim(Red): Automotive
But they don't ship to Ireland! Amazon in the uk don't have them either.
HELP!!!!!!

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
...beats walking...

Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,126 Posts
...if you're really into rough/off-road driving, there's also "block devices" which permanently 'lock' the alignment so that it absolutely cannot move/change unless something has been bent or broken.

...they're actually a set of square metal blocks, each with a slightly different hole offset.

...you buy/use the blocks needed to produce the alignment settings you want (or OEM specs).

...they're NOT further adjustable, but they're also NOT permanent, so if you want to change settings, just get & install the necessary different blocks.
The Following User Says Thank You to gone-ot For This Useful Post:
vtec-e (01-11-2011)
Old 01-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

De Yaris - '04 toyota yaris T2
90 day: 69.55 mpg (US)
"Block devices" you say.....hmmmm, my brain is warming up trying to visualise that. Thank you, i shall research that in a while.
Is there an EZ shim dealer in the US or Canada that will ship to Ireland? I'm searching at this end but no luck yet.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
...beats walking...

Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,126 Posts
...they're also called "eccentric Loc-Out' kits:

...Global West Suspensions and McCaster are two sources for American muscle cars.

...similar devices are surely available in EU for european vehicles, especially among shalom & off-road racing circuits.

Reply  Post New Thread