Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Motorcycles / Scooters
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2018, 08:44 PM   #151 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

grant_53 and daschicken thank you both for your speedy and helpful responses. my vt500 is definitely aimed at higher rpm, and it also is currently being fitted with a streamlined body. im finding the same problems as the original poster like the tire barely fitting in the swingarm, i did read about them switching out the swingarm and tire from an ascot and gearing from another honda and such, i was hoping to hear what their official end result was for final gear ratio and tire size, what the theoretical top speed would be, without taking aerodynamics and power into consideration

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-24-2018, 11:31 AM   #152 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Once you determine the maximum effective RPM for your engine (when it stops accelerating in a lower gear) and the diameter of the tire you are using, the calculations will tell you road speed. Allow for tire squat by multiplying the diameter by 0.95.
Your riding position determines your shoulder height and the top of the main shell. The optimum body shell would likely be a 3:1 airfoil shape with a Kamm tail (0.85 x length) and curved sides. See the classic sailplane designs and the HPV body shell design software at recumbents.com.

Last edited by Grant-53; 07-24-2018 at 11:38 AM..
Reply  Post New Thread