Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2011, 10:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Ethel - '92 Honda Civic VX
90 day: 53.44 mpg (US)
Civic VX Cali to Federal wiring instructions

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for converting a Cali model VX to a Federal model. I know of the great write up on here of how to do it with the factory plugs, but I just want to hard-wire it. I am 135 miles from a pick and pull yard, and none of the salvage yards around me have any older civics (scrapped them all with the high scrap prices).

Anyway, I know that TomO had a diagram of the wiring that used to show up in the other wiring write up, but the link for that diagram is long gone.

So how do I hard wire my Cali model into a Federal model 5 wire LAF setup? Pics are greatly appreciated. Thanks Cole

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-02-2011, 10:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

no nickname , it's just a car - '04 volkswagen golf tdi
02 sensors do not interchange with AFR sensors

02 sensors function differently than AFR sensors , there is not a way to modify one to function in the other

the diagram above shows something that may interest you , but there are two different systems with two different ECMs in play there
Old 11-03-2011, 04:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Sorry for any confusion... I am not asking how to make a 4 wire LAF into a 5 wire LAF, I am asking how to take my Cali model VX (which has a 4 wire LAF) and wire the car to be able to use a 5 wire LAF (Federal). I am trying to get around finding the plugs I need... I would rather just hardwire the car (don't need it to be removable).
Old 11-03-2011, 11:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

no nickname , it's just a car - '04 volkswagen golf tdi
you seem to be confused

a 4 wire 02 sensor can never be rewired or substituted to function as an Air fuel ratio sensor , and the reverse is also true

to do what you want to do
you will need to locate the ECM from the system you wish to convert your car to , the harness may or may not need to be replaced as well depending on weather or not the connections you need are present ...
or not
look at the options in the diagram above

Quote:
Originally Posted by coletrain777 View Post
Sorry for any confusion... I am not asking how to make a 4 wire LAF into a 5 wire LAF, I am asking how to take my Cali model VX (which has a 4 wire LAF) and wire the car to be able to use a 5 wire LAF (Federal). I am trying to get around finding the plugs I need... I would rather just hardwire the car (don't need it to be removable).
Old 11-04-2011, 03:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

mwebb - evidently we are not communicating well For some reason you think that I am trying to make the 4 wire 02 sensor work... I specifically said in my previous post[QUOTE I am not asking how to make a 4 wire LAF into a 5 wire LAF[/QUOTE], I know what needs to be done to convert my car to a Federal model... the question I am asking is does anyone have the exact wiring layout I will need to make it work. Several people on this forum have done exactly what I am doing, I am just asking for help on the wiring.

Reply  Post New Thread