Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2016, 06:02 AM   #21 (permalink)
one of thOOOse people

twitchy - '98 honda civic dx + sir + ls
90 day: 30.2 mpg (US)

Norman - '14 Ford E-350 EXT
90 day: 16.18 mpg (US)

Silver - '12 VW Golf Base
90 day: 26.1 mpg (US)

Sparta - '19 Honda CB300R
90 day: 84.07 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
What is the work?

Why can the copter not land twice in the same spot?

I was thinking maybe I would fly for a career if I go through all the training and log the hours, but I have no idea how much demand there is for pilots.
Traffic patrol/ News Gathering.
Because after the first landing neighbors are all "Cool copter", after the second landing they're calling the cops and the city counsel. Register a legal landing area before you ever land there. Then it is an "airport".
Flying Helicopters is a very fun hobby but there is no security or future in the career. If you can afford the schooling become a dentist(about the same time and money on school) and fly for fun. Sometimes I wish I had become an engineer instead.

Robinson prototyped a diesel engine for a few years. It did not prove practical so their new R66 is now turbine. I don't believe the other copter will get 30 mpg either. Rotax is a two-stroke engine that is common in kit-built aircraft. That does not usually lead to good fuel efficiency.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-18-2016, 06:54 PM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Join the Army as a Blackhawk pilot. That's probably the cheapest possible way you can get tens of thousands of dollars worth of training to be able to get a helicopter license.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:36 AM   #23 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

There have been several new homebuilt helicopter designs appear on the market in the past few years, but the coaxial rotor, pendulum control helicopter is one of the most unique and innovative to appear in several decades. And in addition, it actually flies - and flies well.

Reply  Post New Thread