Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2009, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

East meets West - '94 Lexus SC400
Arrow Heroes Roll Call - Military, LEO, Fire Fighters, EMT/Paramedics check in!

Heroes Roll Call - Military, LEO, Fire Fighters, EMT/Paramedics check in! For all Active Duty, Prior Sevicemembers, Retirees, Veterans.

So what does everyone do and where have you been stationed/assigned/city/state at?

Name: Charles A.K.A. Chuck
Rank/Position: TSgt (E-6)
Branch/Service/Unit: US Air Force
Job/Title: 2A373 F-15E Crewchief
Years of Service/working: 17+ years

Assignments:
1. Soesterberg AB, The Netherlands July 92 - Nov 93 (Closed the base down)
2. Bitburg AB, Germany Nov 93 - Nov 94 (Closed the base down)
3. Spangdahlem AB, Germany Nov 94 - Aug 98 (Closed down the F-15 53rd FS)
4. Nellis AFB, Nellis Air Command, Las Vegas, NV Sep '98 - Present

After posting this up, we can see how small the Heroes community is getting. I have ran into several people that I have been stationed and deployed with via this post alone.

The Ten OPSEC Points:
  • Don't discuss future destinations or ports of call!
  • Don't discuss future operations or missions!
  • Don't discuss dates and times of when we will be in port or conducting exercises!
  • Don't discuss readiness issues and numbers!
  • Don't discuss specific training equipment!
  • Don't discuss people's names and billets in conjunction with operations!
  • Don't speculate about future operations!
  • Don't spread rumors about operations!
  • Don't assume the enemy is not trying to collect information on you so he can kill you, he is!
  • Be smart, use your head, and always think OPSEC when using these forums, email or phone!
OPSEC tips where added because some people like to cry wolf to detour from what the thread is about and what people have posted just to draw a little attention to their negative comments that don't even belong in this thread.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-29-2009, 02:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Appliance White - '93 Geo Metro 4-Dr. Auto
Last 3: 42.35 mpg (US)

Stealth RV - '91 Chevy Sprint Base
My mother never recovered from her Air Force service, so I never had a proper childhood. An EMT, in her capacity as landlady, deliberately ruined my health when I asked her to obey the law. Having PTSD myself, I tried to help a war veteran who had it too, and he ripped me off for over two grand. There may be heroes out there, but they are not working for the plutocracy. General Smedley Butler got it right, after he retired.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

East meets West - '94 Lexus SC400
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycle Bob View Post
There may be heroes out there, but they are not working for the plutocracy.
Sorry that you feel that way, but anyone who is out there defending our freedoms as Americans, protecting our streets from the lawless, rescuing our homes, businesses, lands from fires, saving peoples lives in accidents or during the time of need as someone claspes to the ground grasping for air and needing help...is a HERO in my book as they are providing a blanket of protection so others can live and voice their opinions.

You might not agree with the policies that are set by our Government, but these people have stepped up and answered a call to help others. That is mighty noble of them too.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Appliance White - '93 Geo Metro 4-Dr. Auto
Last 3: 42.35 mpg (US)

Stealth RV - '91 Chevy Sprint Base
I applaud the few professionals who still do their duty to help citizens, but the U.S. President now has the absolute powers of a monarch, and the Constitution is in shreds. "America's Freedom" has been usurped by the rich, while popular, elected leaders are regularly ruined by the CIA.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Guzzler - '08 Hyundai Elantra GL
90 day: 33.12 mpg (US)

Got Soul? - '11 Kia Soul 2U
A teacher going the extra mile to keep kids from dropping out of school is a hero in my book. A voluntary worker in a homeless shelter is a very noble person in my book too.

The simple fact of being part of a response team does not make oneself a hero, nor does it somehow automatically give people qualities of high moral character.

The point is, I believe it's not what you do that makes you a hero, it's how you do it.

www.HyperKilometreur.com - Quand chaque goutte compte...

Old 06-29-2009, 06:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Camryaro - '92 Toyota Camry LE V6
90 day: 31.12 mpg (US)

Red - '00 Honda Insight

Prius - '05 Toyota Prius

3 - '18 Tesla Model 3
90 day: 152.47 mpg (US)
Eggasactly! Just because someone is a LEO, soldier, and so on, doesn't mean they are a hero. It's their actions in those roles, as well as the actions of other people in other roles, teachers, social workers, even random people, that make them heroes. For instance my grandpa isn't a hero because he fought in WWII, he's a hero because he helped a friend get back to camp after they were both wounded and his friend wasn't able to walk alone. Heroes are those who go above and beyond the duties associated with whatever position they're in.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wannabe greenie

The Clunker (retired) - '90 Honda Accord EX sedan
Team Honda
90 day: 29.49 mpg (US)

Mountain Goat - '96 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCab
90 day: 18 mpg (US)

Zippy - '10 Kymco Agility 125
90 day: 65.03 mpg (US)
Yup, sorry, being in one of those professions doesn't automatically make you a "hero." The Hero tag is earned, not bestowed.

Unfortunately, an unhealthily large percentage of the people in those professions tend to let that get to their head. Hence a huge parade funeral in LA for a meter maid who died while off-duty, funded by the City of Los Angeles and attended by a couple thousand police officers from the neighboring three states who took the day off and drove taxpayer-owned vehicles (burning taxpayer-paid fuel) hundreds or thousands of miles to attend the funeral.

What does this thread have to do with Ecomodding again?

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Tags
emt, firefighter, military, paramedics, police