Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2009, 01:27 AM   #181 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
No help on a name, but a suggestion for color. Desert camo! Truck guys will love it.

It is amazing what herd animals truck guys are. I was at a diesel truck rally and with just a few (<5) exception out of 150 trucks they all fit the four of five description:

1. Automatic tranny
2. 4x4
3. Big tires (35" or more)
4. Lift (>4")
5. Custom wheels

Of course, truck guys are not the only herd animals.
And I bet not one of them was desert camo.

A functional mod like this would more likely appeal to offroaders, especially the expedition folks.

Someone posted pictures of the cap in this thread, and talked to Brett about it

Expedition Aerodynamics, MPG and Sleeping in Your truck - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-05-2009, 12:58 AM   #182 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Red Baron - '00 Ford F-350 XLT
90 day: 27.99 mpg (US)

Impala Phase Zero - '96 Chevrolet Impala SS
90 day: 21.03 mpg (US)
I did see one painted in RealTree camo. Talk about a ciunterproductive paint job...
Rubber Conveyor Belt Air Dam
Old 04-05-2009, 09:10 PM   #183 (permalink)
Embeded Assassin

I'm a diehard Ford Truck Man and I Love this Cap. I hope this takes off for you bondo.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:38 PM   #184 (permalink)
LurkoModding Ecker

new beetle - '98 Volkswagen Beetle GLS
90 day: 32.98 mpg (US)
I like Aerocap for a name and how about "Free gas" as a tag line.

Quote:
When I am working on a problem, I never think about beauty but when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong. -Buckminster Fuller
Old 05-22-2009, 09:37 PM   #185 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Aerocap sounds good. "Free gas", well if that doesn't help sell them nothing will. Fuel prices are inching up. I hate to see this but we are probably going to see $3.00/gallon gas soon.

I wish the Government would allow a tax credit to the operator of a vehicle who adds on some type of fuel saving device, either mechanical or aerodynamic. Tax credits were given in the past to people who purchased hybrid vehicles. They should be available to those who ecomod their vehicles also.

Everyone write your representatives in Washington and sugggest such a tax credit.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:50 PM   #186 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
tax credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
Aerocap sounds good. "Free gas", well if that doesn't help sell them nothing will. Fuel prices are inching up. I hate to see this but we are probably going to see $3.00/gallon gas soon.

I wish the Government would allow a tax credit to the operator of a vehicle who adds on some type of fuel saving device, either mechanical or aerodynamic. Tax credits were given in the past to people who purchased hybrid vehicles. They should be available to those who ecomod their vehicles also.

Everyone write your representatives in Washington and sugggest such a tax credit.
Perhaps some administration types are data-mining the web and will stumble across this issue and have a light-bulb moment.It would be a smart move and nice show of support for the troops making an extraordinary sacrifice to keep foreign oil flowing to the U.S.."Energy-Star,"Green-Rated auto add-on devices with tax credits,as they already do with home appliances,insulation,doors and windows for homeowners.National labs could do the testing and certification.NASA has no doubt spent hundreds of billions of tax dollars doing R&D to save commercial airline fleets money through powerplant and airframe mods.They could do likewise with America's automotive fleet.And good timing as fuel again pushing prices under imaginary forces.------------ They talk the talk,let's see if they walk the walk.----------- Brett,congrats on the "money-back" aero-shell sale.She's a beaut!------ The "Friends of Aerodynamic Renaissance Technology"(FART) tip their hats to your efforts and defend your right to "pass gas" stations whenever you choose,and will be vigilant to expose anything that "smells" of a concerted effort to deny your freedoms.Your a hero,see ya,Phil.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:52 PM   #187 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanks Phil for your words of support. I am afraid, however, nothing gets on the radar screen in Washington unless you have the means to hire a bunch of Lobbiest's to point out the blips on the screen to our Representatives there.

Maybe some of the "Stimulus Package" money will get into the hands of those of us trying to do something about increasing fuel efficiency and not just those who seek to be elected to another term.

Keep up the good work,

Bondo
Old 05-26-2009, 06:59 PM   #188 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
lobbyists

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
Thanks Phil for your words of support. I am afraid, however, nothing gets on the radar screen in Washington unless you have the means to hire a bunch of Lobbiest's to point out the blips on the screen to our Representatives there.

Maybe some of the "Stimulus Package" money will get into the hands of those of us trying to do something about increasing fuel efficiency and not just those who seek to be elected to another term.

Keep up the good work,

Bondo
I've looked at enough Adam Smith and Horatio Alger Jr. now,to know that everything I've ever heard about capitalism is a complete lie.And those whom are most fond of tossing their names around the appear to have never read or learned about what they stood for.Political machinations may come from an unlikely arena,once these folks get the real skinny on the hidden hand and rags to riches.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:54 AM   #189 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hey guys I was browsing around, I ran across this forum through a link in the TCCA forum. Got caught up looking around here and came across this thread through another link. Yup I got sidetracked and just went along for the ride.

Forgive me for not having read all 19 pages of this thread but it seems like this cap does give you some MPG gains. I don't know if bondo or the entire community as a whole has ever considered making some submissions in the mythbusters forum. If you guys were to get some air time. I believe that would very well cover any media attention you would need to get your set up up and running.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:06 PM   #190 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Welcome to ecomodder sharky. Good idea! Mythbusters got alot of press with the tailgate up vs. tailgate down episode. Have to go to the PBS webpage and see if they may have an interest level.

Thanks,

Bondo

Reply  Post New Thread