Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2014, 07:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZ View Post
Yes, you do. The cars you listed are between 10-14 years old. Whatever tool that was necessary is not an exotic item any more.

Obviously the stealership wasn't about to do warranty work on a car that old. Who's kidding whom? You could have walked away, but you didn't.

Any experienced body shop should be able to repair whatever was wrong with your door for a fraction of that cost. However, the choice was yours to make.
I didn't think about going to O'Reilly's for the tool. Yes, I have learned a great deal from forums and Youtube and done more than I normally would do.

Well, I worded the warranty sentence wrong. I wanted the work done to be covered by a warranty after it was completed, not done for free under warranty.

I have a shop that I normally go to, but he doesn't give the warranty. He does excellent work and stands by his work, though. I should have taken it to Jimmy...

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-03-2014, 08:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Cool

What exactly was done? Was this the factor or an extended warranty?

If you complaining about the warranty many aftermarket ones do not include labor or diagnostic fees. Some dont even cover new parts, just used or re-manufactured if you are lucky. And most do not cover the hybrid associated crap like relays, batteries and such.

As for the dealer, they got a lot of stuff to cover, including an insurance deductible premium in case anything goes wrong.

I had a toyota dealer quote me 100 bucks, 1 hour to install a front sway bar in my scion xb. Best 100 bucks I ever spent. The dealer said soo too as it took them 3 hours.

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
dealer, excessive cost, overhead, profit