Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 10:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

This company do it this way :
This system would comprise three of our SR200.12 Power Generators ($675 ea.), one WC.12B Master Control Module ($195), two WC.12S Slave Control Modules ($165 ea.), and one WC.VR2 Voltage Regulator Module ($190).
The three generators would be mounted so as to be driven by a single engine (though multiple engines can be used) -- typically be means of a single serpentine belt pulley mounted to the engine's drive shaft. The individual output terminals of the three generators would be connected together and with our electronic controls perform as a single generator (though more efficiently since we produce much less waste heat during the generation process.
The total cost of the system would be $2740

Is there any way to do that cheaper?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-05-2009, 06:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Jalilah - '07 Chevrolet Cobalt LT
90 day: 40.57 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by agabrielauto View Post
This company do it this way :
This system would comprise three of our SR200.12 Power Generators ($675 ea.), one WC.12B Master Control Module ($195), two WC.12S Slave Control Modules ($165 ea.), and one WC.VR2 Voltage Regulator Module ($190).
The three generators would be mounted so as to be driven by a single engine (though multiple engines can be used) -- typically be means of a single serpentine belt pulley mounted to the engine's drive shaft. The individual output terminals of the three generators would be connected together and with our electronic controls perform as a single generator (though more efficiently since we produce much less waste heat during the generation process.
The total cost of the system would be $2740

Is there any way to do that cheaper?
This is probably what I would put together if I was to design a system. The controller costs seem inordinately high, but i doubt that there is much competition for something like this. The generators themselves are I think pretty inline with other alternators, are they not?

Tags
alternators kw