Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2014, 11:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Considering a VX project

Hey all, I've been lurking for a few years and I'm finally getting serious about jumping back into my project.

In the early 2000s I bought a 1992 Civic SI hatch with plans to make it look nice and go fast. I have since grown up a bit and realized that an eco project might be more fun (and responsible). My SI has been sitting in my garage for over a decade with a completely custom (very tasteful) exterior, and no drivetrain.

I am thinking about buying a D15Z1 (VX) motor and building an eco project with my SI shell. I have already dumped more money into this car than I will ever recover, and I'm wondering if this scheme is even more of a financial mistake. I realize that intact VXs are rare and relatively valuable, but I'm wondering if there might be any market for a project like mine when I am done. I'm not trying to make money with it, but I am just curious to know if there are buyers for that sort of thing at all. Or will I be relegated to selling it to some kid who is just going to dump the Z1 for a B-series motor when I am done.

Thanks for the insights!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-07-2014, 03:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
How long do you plan on keeping it after you put the Z1 motor in it? Because at the end of the day, your going to have to ask yourself is it worth it for YOU. If it was me in the same situation as you, I would do it. Just for the learning experience and the fun of eco-modding and driving an eco-car.

Reply  Post New Thread