Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > DIY / How-to
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2014, 09:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Convert your Toyota Prius to a plug-in with a conversion kit

[IMG]
Quote:
http://www.acrel.en.alibaba.com
[/IMG]ACREL PHEV CONVERSION KIT is an add-on battery system for Toyota Prius and AurisThis kit contains two 24V-80Ah Lifepo4 battery packs, a charger, a DC/DC converter, a BMS and a BSM(battery system monitor). After being charged by household electricity within 5-6 hours, the kit can provide voltage through DC/DC converter to charge the factory-installed battery, giving the Prius up to 35 extra kilometers all-electric. This is good news for commuters to work or town within 15km every day. It is easy for you to calculate how much money you can save in a day.
Installation of the kit is easy too. Rewiring of the car is not needed! Changes of software is not needed! What you need is proper tools, our guidance manual and video.
visit our Alibaba store at http:slash slash www dot acrel.en.alibaba.com contact Eric

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-22-2014, 07:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

No way is this for real?
Old 12-22-2014, 07:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hi baldey, We have agents in Europe. Plug-in Autos is one of our agents in all Europe. You can check their website Plug-in Hybrid Conversions - Plug-in Autos It is 100% true.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Whats the estimated gains?
Old 12-22-2014, 07:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
Whats the estimated gains?
Hi Cobb, This conversion kit can also be used in Honda insight. I asked one of our cooperator in France. He installed some.
The You know this kit is mainly for EV mode. Driving at below 50km/h, no gas consumption.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I have a 4 kilowatt real force battery 5000 watt inverter Enginer Kit in my 2nd gen Insight. Its a 120 volt inverter turned to 117 volts 17 amps. I could use more amps, but it caused problems. My converter stopped working when the company went out of business. I just unplugged everything and put it in my storage. Once every few months I check and charge the batteries up. They are all balanced and hold a charge well.

Jack Chen was the guy I worked with. Maybe you know or heard of him as that name is unusual for people in China?
The Following User Says Thank You to Cobb For This Useful Post:
Eric Dong (12-23-2014)
Old 12-23-2014, 08:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hi Cobb, I hear of Jack Chen but never see him. And I heard a lot about enginer. There were too many problems because an important engineer left. What are the problems with your DC DC? I will talk with the designer about the problem to see if there is a cure.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The current limit of 17 amps was said to be from a blocking diode.

The second problem was it stops working after going over a bump. I checked cables, but they are tight. EV mode was limited to like a mile. More amps would give more miles in EV mode.

Enginer also had a kit for the Toyota hybrid Highlander, leaf and a few other hybrids and EVs. The Highlander would get 2-3 times its epa fuel economy til the battery ran out. The prius was a fine line between getting a DTC and causing the ICE to spin to bring the charge down. The kit for the Leaf and other Evs extended the range a few miles.

The kits he had at 6,8 ,12 or 16 kilowatts were a mess as the BMS were daisy chained and the batteries easily got out of balance.

I made a balancer with 8 wall warts I use to top my cells off as part of a maintenance charge.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cobb For This Useful Post:
Eric Dong (12-25-2014)
Old 12-25-2014, 03:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hi Cobb, Merry Christmas. talked with the designer of DC DC, the limit of 17A is not from blocking diode. If DC DC stops after a pump, it shuts off and enters protection. At this time, need to restart it manually as it can't restart itself. AS DC DC shuts off, the whole kit is shut off. So Prius will run EV mode on its own battery system. That is why "EV mode was limited to like a mile".
You are great to make a balancer yourself. I am thinking you are an expert in this field.
Many blessings to you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Dong For This Useful Post:
Cobb (12-25-2014)
Reply  Post New Thread