Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2010, 07:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Crx d15z1

Hey guys,

I am selling my CRX with a d15z1 swap. Just spreading the word around. The car is currently on ebay so if you would like to check it out here is the listing number 230463940447. There you will find pics of the car, Below is the description of the car. Thanks for looking!

Up for sale is a 1990 Honda CRX SI. I purchased this vehicle to commute back and forth to work. Meticulous maintenance and care has been followed as it needed to be reliable. It has been a hard decision to let it go because of the savings I have had with the car, but due to my economic circumstances and the amount of cars I currently own, I have to let it go. It is time to reduce on our number of projects and let someone else enjoy this car.

The interior of this car is in nearly perfect condition. The seats are in excellent shape (no tears), all panels are free of cracks, all electronics on the car work (sunroof, a/c fan, lights, radio, etc.) Unfortunately, there are some holes in the left pillar plastic. The owner before me had some gauges mounted on the pillar. The vehicle currently has a Pioneer CD/mp3 player. Everything on the dashboard works. The car has no A/C, it was my next step on the project and I never found the time to finish it. Also, I never hooked up the heater hoses, did not need them in South Fla.

The frame body is absolutely straight. When I purchased the vehicle it had coil overs, I did not like the lower stance or the vehicle ride so I replaced them with the stock suspension. The rear still has fully adjustable alignment components (Toe and camber) if in the future you decide to lower the vehicle. Battery was relocated to the trunk of the vehicle. The e-brake cable has to be adjusted; I believe that the right cable is stretched. That probably will have to be replaced. All four rotors are straight (front cross drilled and slotted) and the car brakes perfectly. The car has VX wheels with some typical scratches, no curb rash. All four tires are great condition. The hood of the car is carbon fiber which was painted to match the rest of the car. One of the turn signal covers came off while I was driving (see pics). The sunroof has a couple of small rust spots on the edges (see pics). The paint on the top of the car has lost its clear coat and is dull. Hood latch cable will not retract, so the cable has to be pulled in order to engage (common on Hondas).

The car is equipped with D15Z1 engine. The transmission is from a CRX HF (I have the stock SI transmission located in Gainesville, Fl which I would include free with the sale if buyer can arrange pick up). I built this car with the goal of obtaining the best fuel economy possible while retaining a reliable car. The motor has around 50,000 miles and has no problems whatsoever, if you would like we could run a compression test on all cylinders. Odometer marks at ~240,000 miles. I averaged around 56 mpg and my personal best was 64 mpg on the highway. This was obtained by driving normally (I do not hyper mile). New CV axels, radiator (EG Civic SI) and hoses, starter, etc. were installed at the time of the motor swap. The clutch is starting to show some slight slippage on the top end (cannot notice if driven normally).

Engine management is controlled via a stock Honda ECU for an EG VX model. The wiring was converted to support an OBD1 ECU or any “mini me” swap. New fuel pump was installed at the time of the swap.

This vehicle is sold as is, however I can assure you will not be disappointed. This has been a well thought out project. Vehicle is located in Port St. Lucie, Fl. Buyer is responsible for pick up of the vehicle. If you have any questions or would like to come and take a look/drive feel free to call Rafael at (305)586-2610.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1616sm.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	5962  
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-20-2010, 09:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Hypermiler

PaleCivic (retired) - '96 Honda Civic DX Sedan
90 day: 69.2 mpg (US)

PaleFit - '09 Honda Fit Sport
Team Honda
Wagons
90 day: 44.06 mpg (US)
Word for word the exact same post at CleanMPG, also his one and only post there.

11-mile commute: 100 mpg - - - Tank: 90.2 mpg / 1191 miles
Old 04-20-2010, 10:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
crxvx -

If you were in Los Angeles, I think I'd make a bid. The sad part is I have an independent but certified Honda mechanic 4 blocks from home that would love to help me take care of it.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society
Old 04-20-2010, 08:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Palemelanesian, I will be the first to admit that I do not spend time on forums. So I am not very familiarized with the ethics of it. At the time it seemed like a good idea to post it in a couple of sites. Thanks for bringing it up, I will know for next time.

cfg83, thanks for the interest.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Hypermiler

PaleCivic (retired) - '96 Honda Civic DX Sedan
90 day: 69.2 mpg (US)

PaleFit - '09 Honda Fit Sport
Team Honda
Wagons
90 day: 44.06 mpg (US)
Seeing as you responded, I see little harm. It does look a little spammish, is all.

Very nice car, one i wouldn't mind owning myself.

11-mile commute: 100 mpg - - - Tank: 90.2 mpg / 1191 miles
Old 04-21-2010, 12:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
crxvx -

Your conversion reminds me of SVOBoy's CRX+VX conversion. Another dude did a similar conversion, but a VX to a Del Sol :

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...1-vx-4000.html

He benefited from the gas price crunch in 2008 + the higher SoCal prices for cars.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society
Old 04-22-2010, 06:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

It has been hard to get rid of the car because i saved so much money on gas alone. Though I dont know how it would do in the 405 in South ca traffic. That highway is fierce!

Its funny you mentioned a del sol because that another one of the cars I own. I think that one will be next to part after someone takes over the crx...

Reply  Post New Thread