Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #791 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
I've got a hill on my morning commute that opens up a climbing lane on a left hand curve. There's a green mile marker sign placed perfectly so that when I get line of sight to it in my lane (it crosses the yellows from the left) I make straight for it. I can just go straight, ignoring the curve of the road and I end up in the right lane right where the white dotted lines start. I could be over to the right earlier, but remember the road's curving to the left so I'm already moving to the lane's right anyway- I'm just not increasing the distance I drive any more than I have to, and the moment there is a right lane I'm in it.

Where's the annoyance? This morning was the first morning when the green mile marker sign stood out against the brown leaves behind it. Yesterday there was still enough green out there for the mile marker to blend in with the background.

I've been struggling to keep my numbers up for a while, and I'm just not in the mood for the cold weather yet. I'm also still mad about having to cut down my dead tomato plants last weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-03-2014, 11:38 PM   #792 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

KLR650 - '10 Kawasaki KLR650

6.4 - '19 Ram 3500

All Black - '19 Kawasaki Vulcan S
Scraping the frost off the motorcycle seat. Contours and such are a real pain...

It's not winter yet, Dammit!

Old 10-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #793 (permalink)
The PRC.

Funerals - loads of them.

My mother dies about 14 months ago which was the start. Then my father in law died about 2 months ago, followed by a friend of mine suddenly from cancer, and then an old neighbour of my mum's who I got to know when she came to my mum's funeral.

Not been a happy time.

And now winter is here - dark nights, cold, and always very damp.

I'm thinking of migrating for the winter...
Old 10-14-2014, 04:58 AM   #794 (permalink)
0.29 Cd and decreasing

Red Rocket - '90 honda CRX HF
Team Honda
Team "Old SKOOL"
90 day: 53.46 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
Funerals - loads of them.

My mother dies about 14 months ago which was the start. Then my father in law died about 2 months ago, followed by a friend of mine suddenly from cancer, and then an old neighbour of my mum's who I got to know when she came to my mum's funeral.

Not been a happy time.

And now winter is here - dark nights, cold, and always very damp.

I'm thinking of migrating for the winter...
It's difficult to get through tough times and I'm sure you're putting one foot in front of the other just fine but I feel for you!
I had a really good friend that I worked with when I was in the bay area and on one single date (say July 21st, I don't remember the date) for 4 years in a row she had 4 people that were close to her in some way pass away on that single date. After those 4 years on that date she would always come into work and would never speak to anyone, it was completely understandable and yet one day somebody got pissed at her for not talking and she just exploded with tears.

Reply  Post New Thread