Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2020, 08:50 AM   #111 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Deep Blue - '94 GMC Suburban K2500 SLE
90 day: 23.75 mpg (US)

Griffin (T4R) - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5
90 day: 25.43 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe_Hybrid View Post
a 1995 is a square brick stock
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find...n=sbs&id=12447

it's only rated at 12 combined with the 2008 rating
Original MPG

13 combined

that is babying the throttle were going by fuelly which is realistic driving conditions out in the wild. minus the "junk information"

under normal driving conditions I easily get as little as 9MPG with this 6.0L engine.[in 4 speed mode] just by driving how "everyone else drives" CVT,V4 and Autostop Disabled [Transmission gear ratio (4th=0.73] 3.08 RPO:G80 Locking Differential..

the speed limits in my area are upto 60mph 40-45 is the most common.. so you can bet if i hit every single red light its going to guzzle gas

there is no choice but to move to smoother air based vehicles.... obviously..... where did you get the conveyor belt ? i'm having trouble finding one reasonably priced .. plenty of low hanging fruit to aero mod on this hybrid
I have explained repeatedly i have a from the factory diesel Suburban running the factory optional stick shift transmission. Your link is to a factory gasser with an automatic transmission. My vehicle is not the one in your link. I do not know how to make this more clear.

Yes it is possible for an engine with higher hp and higher bsfc to consume more fuel. My engine can only consume the amount of fuel it uses at wide open throttle for a given rpm. Any level of poor fuel economy is possible in stop and go traffic since you can consume fuel and go nowhere. On the highway you can only go as low as wide open throttle at a given speed/rpm, once there fuel economy can not get worse. That level can be objectively calculated.

I have never seen a brick with an angled front end, radiused leading edges, flush door handles, smooth wheel covers, and tapering at the rear. But I guess it looks "bricklike" from a distance. Really it looks "old" from a distance, but I intentionally bought it because it was exactly what I wanted for my custom project.

You can get conveyor belt at Tractor Supply, look for hay baler belt, which is what I used on my 2005 Tacoma. But it is limited to 7" wide and pricey for the size. Lately I order all my conveyor belt off of ebay. It is cheaper if you find it used/salvage but I prefer to work with new material.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aardvarcus For This Useful Post:
aerohead (11-04-2020), BamZipPow (11-08-2020)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-03-2020, 09:35 PM   #112 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Deep Blue - '94 GMC Suburban K2500 SLE
90 day: 23.75 mpg (US)

Griffin (T4R) - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5
90 day: 25.43 mpg (US)
Some more progress on welding the vehicle back together since I last posted. I got the structural welding on the passenger side mostly finished, and got the roof bows shortened and rewelded. Today I started welding the roof pieces back together. Got it tacked, and the roof ridges "persuaded" down flat. It is starting to come together, but obviously a ton more welding to go.

At this point, I need to get this part of the modification "done enough" to get it in primer as it is clogging up my garage...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC1.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	29695  
The Following User Says Thank You to aardvarcus For This Useful Post:
aerohead (12-04-2020)
Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
suburban diesel 4x4 gmc