Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
The PRC.

Denis - I was being silly, apologies. I followed the pics just fine.

Now if I was brave enough to try this....

One thought did cross my mind this afternoon (doing the weekly shop, my life is so rich ). I thought when the Diesel cut off is used the fuel system would need bleeding to restart, at least that is what the (untrusted) Skoda dealer told me.

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-30-2010, 07:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
I thought when the Diesel cut off is used the fuel system would need bleeding to restart, at least that is what the (untrusted) Skoda dealer told me.
Bleeding off air is automatic in some new diesels. I have a hand pump... But my instruction manual says that bleeding is required only if the engine stops because of an empty tank ("then fill up at least 5 liters and pump the air out").

I've been googling frantically and the lack of information suggests that my ultra-hi-tech 1.6HDi does not have a fuel cutoff solenoid. Instead, my guess is that in commonrails the injectors are killed, which should have the same effect. A solenoid was needed in older diesels with distributor pumps running right off the engine.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
Old 11-02-2010, 10:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
OK, it turns out what I thought was my crankshaft position sensor was not, and after finding the real sensor I have an engine kill button (wired to the mom-off-mom button I use for engine starting).

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
Reply  Post New Thread