Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Events & Meet-ups
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Jack

EcoMod Event

I was wondering where I could find what ecomod automotive challenges, car shows, rallys might be coming up or are regular events?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-30-2012, 06:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
OCD Master EcoModder

Outasight - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 54.18 mpg (US)
This is the forum for that.

You'll see that events are um, spaced widely across the calendar and in different geographical locations. If you launch something in your area you just might find some EcoModders showing up!

Old 07-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Jack

From the looking around I've done on the web, I haven't really found much of anything for ecomod or green cars. I'd like to show off my MGeo at least.

It has got me thinking about putting on a car event that is focused on ecomod or green cars. Something a little different.

What I'm thinking is a green car competition but one where the point is to build the best green car that others would actually want to buy.
In a way, what I'm thinking is to create a venue to show them off to people who might want to buy them, and the competition is essentially a demonstration of what it can do and how it the cars compare.

The automotive X-prize was interesting, but in my view there is so much that is possible already today and not as expensive research cars, but real cars people can buy today. Cars built inexpensively using already existing materials that are recycled...i.e. existing cars modified to be eco-friendly and economical. But something people want, so not beaters.

What do you think?
Old 07-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
OCD Master EcoModder

Outasight - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 54.18 mpg (US)
You've probably read through this forum, and have seen the events held in Montreal, the One Gallon Challenge in Boston, the Green Grand Prix at Watkins Glen NY, another in Acton MA, and one called "Tri State" (I think (?) out of Williamstown in western MA.

Organizing one of those is no small feat. Some of them are launched without much hoopla and not much agonizing over rules and organization. Others like the Montreal event and the Green Grand Prix are highly organized (that's a relative term!!), and sanctioned through affiliations with organizations such as the SCCA.

I think there's room for more such events, at various levels of organization and affiliation.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Jack

I found there is the Green Car Expo being held in Richmond, CA (on SF Bay) on Sept 15,
is anyone here planning to go? I plan to put my MGeo in the car show.

Reply  Post New Thread