Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2009, 10:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post

You can view the first revolutions of the functional prototype. It does not have an adjustable journal. I had it built last summer when I was not sure if I would get a patent and did not really want to reveal the details of the journal adjustment or have an adjustable journal prototype built.

It was running on the air in a small pancake compressor without the compressor itself running.

Going to run it on some shop air tomorrow which is about 130 PSI with an 80 gallon tank. It should get to close to 1500 plus RPM then.

The voice is my son in law.

regards
Mech
Nice!!!! I like it!!!!!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-28-2009, 02:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts

This time it is running on a good supply of air at my friends body shop.

regards
Mech
Old 01-01-2010, 08:00 AM   #23 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Here is another thought, use one for a compressor, with a separate combustion chamber, and another one driven by the hot high pressure gasses from the combustion chamber.

Similar to the way a jet engine works.

No comments from Frank or Christ?

I can hardly believe it!!!!!!!

regards
Mech
Old 11-23-2014, 02:02 PM   #24 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

Team Turbocharged!

I just wanted to bring this to the top again. Its been sometime since it's been at the top and thought some people haven't seen it?

I love this concept and find myself watching the video over and over again, usually in the morning after my second cup of coffee.

The Following User Says Thank You to pgfpro For This Useful Post:
user removed (11-23-2014)
Old 11-23-2014, 09:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

Team Turbocharged!

OK Mech device has got me thinking a lot!!!

I was at SEMA this year and got to talk to a few of the OEM car manufactures representatives.

I brought up this forum and told them about the average Joe on here adding aero mods to their car and getting great results.

I then ask why is it taking so long for the Auto industry to make the needed aero changes to the body's of car's today? I told them this has to be a very low hanging fruit for the Manufacture? The response was the consumer isn't ready for it? I then called BS.

Then I ask what's the deal with the snail rate of changes to the ICE?????????????????????????????????????????????
They then said we have made large changes to the ICE, like DI, down sized turbo engines, VVT, etc. I told them these are just band adds to a design that hasn't change much since it was invented. I said look at the phone today? Imagine if the only changes were made to the phone since it was invented were like what you have accomplished when it comes to the Auto mobile ICE of today? If you... the OEM Auto Manufacture were in charged of phone advancement since it was invented, what do you think it would look like? He said I have no idea? I then said IMO it would be bigger and heavier, come in more colors other then black, maybe use less then 2% electricity then the original phone, have cool cup holders and now have a twenty foot self extracting power cord. Oh and one more thing a safety bag in case you trip on the power cord you won't get to injured.

At that point he didn't want to talk anymore.

I don't understand why is it so hard for the manufactures to make much bigger changes to the ICE???????????????????

OK I'm done with my rant. LOL

I just think we need to make more changes in the ICE and stop dicking with the four stroke piston ICE. Just think if Henry Ford was alive today and saw all the advancements in technology then tore apart a engine of today? I think he would say "why are we still use pistons and valves"???

The Following User Says Thank You to pgfpro For This Useful Post:
user removed (11-23-2014)
Old 11-23-2014, 09:50 PM   #26 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I have found that dealing with manufacturers and government both result in the attitude that I am just another dreamer who is not smart enough to actually come up with a true innovation.

Ever argue with an engineer who tried to convince you that there is no energy lost in accelerating and decelerating the mass of the piston and the top portion of the connecting rod 8 times for every power stroke. The engineer told me since there was another piston and rod opposing the first one, the energy cost was insignificant. No thought given to single cylinder or odd cylinder configurations.

Isaac Newton knew better several centuries ago. The laws of inertia do not change dependent on an engine having an even number of cylinders. I was astonished that he would maintain that position.

I was driving 30k miles a year (2006-2009) to show the design to people who I thought would jump at the chance to work with me on development, only to not even hear a word or response. Their ignorance will cost them when it is developed overseas, where they are free to develop and sell it without any compensation to me. I can imagine the predictable respose by the same people who had a much better chance to get into the initial stages of implementation.

regards
mech
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (11-24-2014)
Old 11-23-2014, 10:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

A supplemental heart pump that could be implanted below the surface of the skin and driven by electrical energy creating magnetic forces above the surface of the skin.

A pump efficient enough to allow elelctrical energy to be stored by pumping water INTO a reservoir during off peak demand periods, to be used during peak demand periods, thus eliminating the necessity for whole power plants.

They will just wait for the patent to expire in another 14 years, which seems astoundingly short sighted considering the energy we will waste in that time period.

I'm in no hurry to file for additional patents for the improvements conceptualized over the last 4.5 years. They will just have to wait longer and by them I probably have dementia and have forgotten how to drive a car.

regards
mech
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (11-24-2014)
Old 11-24-2014, 01:02 AM   #28 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

Team Turbocharged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
A supplemental heart pump that could be implanted below the surface of the skin and driven by electrical energy creating magnetic forces above the surface of the skin.

A pump efficient enough to allow elelctrical energy to be stored by pumping water INTO a reservoir during off peak demand periods, to be used during peak demand periods, thus eliminating the necessity for whole power plants.

They will just wait for the patent to expire in another 14 years, which seems astoundingly short sighted considering the energy we will waste in that time period.

I'm in no hurry to file for additional patents for the improvements conceptualized over the last 4.5 years. They will just have to wait longer and by them I probably have dementia and have forgotten how to drive a car.

regards
mech
Hang in there my friend. You are a Innovator!!! Sorry to say our Automobile Manufactures are not!!!

Reply  Post New Thread