Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2009, 12:11 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Allch, I don't mean to say that the trans uses up all the inefficiencies I was just suggesting its likely to be the biggest consumer(producer of enthalpy). To do a quick analysis just look and see which pieces generates the most heat. . .Trans. Not necessarily gets the hottest but which one dumps out the most energy in the form of heat.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-30-2009, 05:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
high school

sabre - '02 Buick LeSabre Custom
90 day: 23.45 mpg (US)

frontier - '04 Nissan Frontier XE
90 day: 18.97 mpg (US)
ok well anyway to sorta get back on topic, thanks for the well wishing...the project will probably need it. but good news, i have recruited three of my friends from school who are now very interested in the project, and have two mechanics, an auto shop, a spare garage, and automotive knowledge between them. i will soon be talking to a local green advancement organization to see if any funding would possibly be available, as i am also looking to get an internship there this summer. things are starting to look very promising.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #23 (permalink)
high school

*bump*
Old 05-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #24 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

mm. . .university involvement is sometimes dangerous. Sometimes they want to incorporate your vehicle into a semester. . .and then they sit on your car for 16 weeks. . .Acura Integra transmission replace with another mint condition trans. . if I had known I would have just stayed up late two nights in a row.

I honestly had forgotten I had the car when they called me to tell me it was done.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

White Whale - '03 Chrysler Town & Country mini van all white
I had a '95 T-bird 3 or 4 years ago. Only mods were seats/ carpet/ spare, wheel/ jack out to save weight; but it was pretty useless to put money into. Frustrating to try to remove the air conditioning pump and have it catch on fire. Enter the exact opposite Aspire- 'bird out.

That Aspire is not a very good conversion either- works great now, but that "disposable" car would be a terrible money pit for me! It was cheaper in the long run to buy and build 3 other EVs while the Aspire runs on and on!

Good luck with the 'bird whatever you decide!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:41 AM   #26 (permalink)
high school

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunchosen View Post
mm. . .university involvement is sometimes dangerous. Sometimes they want to incorporate your vehicle into a semester. . .and then they sit on your car for 16 weeks. . .Acura Integra transmission replace with another mint condition trans. . if I had known I would have just stayed up late two nights in a row.

I honestly had forgotten I had the car when they called me to tell me it was done.
"school" = high school, not university

and if i can get some funding from some local organizations, as i'm hoping too, this could be very interesting..
Old 05-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #27 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I have no experience with that, therefore I have no comment lol.

The only thing I would be a little hesitant about local organizations. . .they might want to stake a claim on its uses if they heavily fund it. I don't know how much involvement you've had with non-profit organizations or for profits ones but at my best experiences they like to stake a claim to when and where its used and at worst they claim it(I fixed a Mercedez Benz Unimog, on the assumption I could have it when it was finished because it was worthless when I went to work on it)
Old 05-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #28 (permalink)
high school

yeah, i will certainly be taking all cooperation with a grain of salt, unless i have reason to act otherwise, though most of the places i can work with in this area are very reputable.