Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 09:32 AM   #21 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I have an 06 Prius. ANd except thats it quite uncomfortable, I love it. Being an electrical aerospace engineer, and always into technology, I think the Prius is the best combination. I have the idea to make my old classic camper into a hybrid by installing the prius transaxle and electronics. I can cruise around town with great MPG but still travel when I want. Of course, funds may never allow that.
Ans now that the newer Prius can travel faster on all electric, It;s like having an EV with super reliable back-up and plenty of power.
I vote Prius. ANd depending on gas type/ tire type / driving style, MPG's can be great. Only once, I got some off brand gas in Northen VA, (it was pricey, used premium) and was able to get over 60 mpg for the entire tank. I clocked over 600 miles on the tank before I had to fill it. I travelled form northen VA back to NJ and then drove 40 mi to work all week. IDK what it was, but the car really liked that gas. Never got that gas again and never had those MPG's again.
Prius...

ALso, a great explanation of Prius electronics:

The Following User Says Thank You to gd420mj For This Useful Post:
Cobb (12-05-2012)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-05-2012, 09:42 AM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xringer View Post
For some reason, it seems like the Plug-In Prius cars are being turned-over faster..
(Or, a lot more plug-In cars are being sold).
Maybe people found it was too much trouble to mess with the charge cable..?

That leads me to think you should be on watch for a used Plug-In Prius..
By next summer, there might be some good prices on the 2012 models.
This is a really interesting statistic. I just check autotrader and there are a lot of Prius Plug-Ins with 75 mi of northern NJ and most have a few K miles and at about $30k. Better to buy used than $40k for a new one. I hope when I'm ready to upgrade, I can afford a plug in.

Reply  Post New Thread