Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2011, 08:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Ethel - '92 Honda Civic VX
90 day: 53.44 mpg (US)
Civic VX with auto trans

So,
I have done a lot of searching about VX's with auto transmissions and the consensus seems to be that there were no Federal P07 VX's made with an auto trans in the US. Is this true? I have found 2 VX's with auto tranny's near me in the last 2 days, wondering if they would be a decent platform. What do I need to check for when looking at them... 02 sensor, ecu id,... what? Thanks in advance for the info.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-19-2011, 09:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Do you have a medical reason for needing an automatic? if so then look for a civic HX with the automatic, although it's not going to be a hatch back, it's not going to get the same kind of mileage as the manual transmission and you are going to spend more money on repairs because the automatics don't hold up as well.
But you are correct, the Civic VX was never made with an automatic, so if you found two... then I don't think anyone can say what the car really is, if you want to know if it's the VX engine look at the engine block, right under the distributer there is a flat spot with the engine number stamped D15Z1, you can also do a search on here, Tomo started a page with VIN decoding info for civics.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Ethel - '92 Honda Civic VX
90 day: 53.44 mpg (US)
thanks for the info...

I don't want or need an auto, I am just trying to buy a few more VX's at the moment (have 1) and thought I would ask about the automatic issue. Seller said he had 2 VX's, but one of them is actually a DX. May go and look at the other vx, but it is 5 hours south of me... and gas is expensive pulling a trailer 10 hours round trip.

If anyone has a reasonably priced, fairly clean VX for sale I will travel anywhere as long as I can fly in and drive it home, but it's better if it's closer to Missouri

Reply  Post New Thread