Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Forum News & Feedback
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2008, 09:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Gas vs NON-Gas log? Trips vs Miles?

While reading through a few threads, I was noticing how nice it is to see the "bike vs car miles" signature with a lot of people's postings.

I did a quick took into the garage to see what that takes to do, and it's delightfully simple!

I mostly just bicycle for pleasure, as winter biking isn't fun in my area, and so many of my trips are long range or hauling lots of gear.

What WOULD work great for me is a Gasoline VS Non-gasoline log!

As you may know, I am making it my goal to eventually get totally off petroleum for my typical transportation needs.

What would it take to make a modified version of the bike milage signature to convert it to something for us EVers?

Seems like it would be pretty straight forward.

Another thing that might be really cool is to have something that tracks number of trips, rather than miles. Today, I had to drive to Chicago and back. That was probably more miles in one day than my EV miles were this year. However, (When I haven't broken my EVs) I use them much MORE in terms of number of individual trips.

Could we do something like this?

-Ben N.

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread