Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2009, 06:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Question GE 48V dc motor heat sensor

hi guys,
Your help has been invaluable....! Just got motor back from rebuild...looks great...except..I need your help again ASAP so I can get the motor installed this weekend....
There are two black wires coming out of the motor housing, that probably were attached to a sensor, which was missing when they took the motor apart? (it has been apart before judging by what they found inside)
I labelled one of the black wires as going to Blue/white as I disconnected everything before removing the motor.
I'm assuming it is a heat sensor to switch on the fan?
if so...what do i do now? Can you provide a schematic ( motor details listed in previous post) or hopefully tell me what type of sensor, where to get it locally, and where does it mount inside the motor?
I assume it is fairly generic and that I can pick one up at an autoparts or electronic shop. Can I run the fan continuously until I can find the sensor if thats what it is. Also if so, do I just connect the ends of the two wires together inside the motor to run the fan?
Hope this is enough information for you to help me.

Last edited by electrique; 08-09-2009 at 02:08 AM.. Reason: problem solved
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-09-2009, 02:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

problem solved guys!
It appears that the motor was wired to run continuously after a new controller was installed....motor is back together and hope to report being mobile very soon....
cheers.
Electrique

Reply  Post New Thread