Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Guideance on possible grill block.

I have a question about doing a grill block. On the Chevy Cruze Eco, there is a lower grill dam that closes. On the upper grill the opening is only the size of the radiator with a behind grill block on the sides.

1. I assume that very quickly the amount of air entering the engine area is greater than the amount of air capable of flowing through the radiator.
2. An external smooth block would be slightly more efficient than a block behind the honeycomb grill.

This being said, could one reduce the size of the opening, and create a funnel from the opening to the sides of the radiator to capture the majority of the air and force it across the radiator. Then skin the outer grill with say a thick vinyl to smooth the surface area of the grill?

Is something like this feasible? Would it improve aerodynam of the vehicle slightly and thus provide a slight improvement to fuel efficiency?

I understand it would need to be tested to make sure the engine temp did not increase, or increase beyond specification.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-06-2011, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Making Ecomods a G thing

Angie - '08 Infiniti G35 X
90 day: 22.03 mpg (US)
check out my thread about the belly pan i put on my girlfriends Focus. i put in panels on the side of the radiator to direct as much air flow as possible through it, it would probably work a lot better if the radiator wasn't damaged on the bottom.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...pan-17232.html

Reply  Post New Thread