Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Q Sold - '02 Infiniti Q45 Sport
90 day: 23.08 mpg (US)

blackie - '14 nissan altima sv
nice idea on the foam!!!!
I'm off to the store!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Max - '04 Nissan Maxima SE
90 day: 24 mpg (US)
I assume the air is forced in between the grille and hood. I have had no issues with air intake or overheating. But my grille block is not completely sealed. so some air is getting through the top especially at the latch.

I finally got mesh (though it won't match) for my lower grille. not sure how exactly to attach the lower diverter now. Still have not finished my belly pan. Measured but have yet to cut and determine how to attach to my fiberglass bumper.

On my 3rd lower grille piece. 2nd one blew off after a year. This one is taped more securely yet still blew down on a long trip.

I am just hesitant drilling holes, and want it as simple as possible.
Grille will be permanently fixed to lower opening.
Maybe the same for the front of the black coroplast diverter but make the back detachable with the bottom of the radiator, somehow...
Then slide the polycarbonate belly pan over the bumper/under the diverter and attach it to the subframe where the oem belly pan once was located.
I got those screw/tabs from nissan but they break so flipping easy. Will have to remove the belly pan when changing oil.

my current project
Reply  Post New Thread